Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock Sub Rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008 | 11:44 AM
diablorabbit

Default Stock Sub Rack

So I am fixing to start my frist audio build. And i was wanting to take out the stock sub rack behind the drivers sided seat. But i don't know where to start on how to take it out. Can anyone tell me or link me if this question has been asked before..? Thanks
Old 12-07-2008 | 11:57 AM
lbz

The entire rear trim piece has to come off

Start by pulling up the trim piece that covers up the outside edge of the carpet.

This will allow you to pull out the rear trim panels that cover the rear fender area, just aft of the doors. A decent tug along the edge by the door will start it popping off.

Then remove the two screws that secure the center console on either side of the transmission hump. I think there are a pair at the very back, maybe another pair closer to the front.

This should give you enough wiggle / lift room for the lip of the rear trim piece to clear the rear of the center console.

Then carefully remove the rear trim piece starting at one end. Move from one fastener to the next, popping each one at a time.

Snake the rear trim piece out and you have a clear shot at the bolts that hold the sub bracket in place.
Old 12-07-2008 | 12:30 PM
diablorabbit

sweet thanks man