Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone use the Scosche line output?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:28 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
Yeah, I would pick up the feeds pre-amp if possible, no reason to run it through the amp first.

You said the stock amp had a single pair coming out, what did you do with them? Only use one channel on the LOC, or split each into two?
The bose sub amp has 7 wires going into the harness. There is another harness that went into the sub that had two wires, which ran to the amp harness. I didnt use those since they just went from one harness to the other. The only reason that I hook them up at the bose sub amp harness is because the speaker amp givers out a subwoofer line, which would allow adujustibility at the HU. If I tap into the rear channel pre speaker amp, then the sub would adjust with the rear speakers.

And getting to that speaker amp is going to be a PITA! I tried and it looks like you have to remove damn near every piece of plastic around the area so that you can pull the cover straight up.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:30 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Im better off going with the oem pac adapter behind the headunit and run a set of rca's all the way back...
Old 12-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
The bose sub amp has 7 wires going into the harness. There is another harness that went into the sub that had two wires, which ran to the amp harness. I didnt use those since they just went from one harness to the other. The only reason that I hook them up at the bose sub amp harness is because the speaker amp givers out a subwoofer line, which would allow adujustibility at the HU. If I tap into the rear channel pre speaker amp, then the sub would adjust with the rear speakers.

And getting to that speaker amp is going to be a PITA! I tried and it looks like you have to remove damn near every piece of plastic around the area so that you can pull the cover straight up.
So you were tapping post-amp? I'm a little confused here maybe, I would think that the easiest method would be to tap the wires going to the amp that then go to the sub, as that is the signal you want, although your amp may be controlling the sub output level, don't know how the factory H/U is setup for that part. If thats the case, the only option would be to tap the wires right before the sub for signal, which would retain 100% factory controls but allow a different amp to be added just for the sub.

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Looks like Im better off going with the oem pac adapter behind the headunit and run a set of rca's all the way back...
That sounds like a simpler idea, and much more removable that way.