Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pure SEX

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure SEX

cant wait to get everything together got a couple more pieces before shes ready for install.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 AM
orgasm_donor

I had one of those in my old car for a couple of months! I really love how that baby sounded. I sorta miss it.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice, where did you pick it up from?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's a nice peice right there.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
Very nice, where did you pick it up from?
amazon has some of them on sale for 670 shipped i payed 13 extra for 2 day shipping but thats the best price i can find. It appears to be brand new. came in this box

i know most refurbs come in a brown box with sticker on it. 2 year warranty etc. great price i cant wait to get it installed.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:25 PM
B5I8

Wow, great price on a fantastic head unit. I had the privilege of listening to one and the SQ is astounding.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
amazon has some of them on sale for 670 shipped i payed 13 extra for 2 day shipping but thats the best price i can find. It appears to be brand new. came in this box...
i know most refurbs come in a brown box with sticker on it. 2 year warranty etc. great price i cant wait to get it installed.
Thanks for the info. I would totally switch out my MX406 for this due to the added convenience features but there is something about the rotary dials on my Mcintosh headunit that I just can't get away from.

Good luck and enjoy your new headunit in good health.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Get_Zwole

Thanks for the info. I would totally switch out my MX406 for this due to the added convenience features but there is something about the rotary dials on my Mcintosh headunit that I just can't get away from.

Good luck and enjoy your new headunit in good health.
thanks bud yeah man that mcintosh you got is sexy ive seen it in pics. This was the most cost effective way for me to go 3 way active front stage. plus i get a fantastic headunit as well. Im replacing my z2 with it i never used my nav or anything so no point in having it. Plus id need a h701 and controller for my 3 way front and sub so id be spending about the same. Just cant wait to play round with this bad boy.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Kwame

thanks bud yeah man that mcintosh you got is sexy ive seen it in pics. This was the most cost effective way for me to go 3 way active front stage. plus i get a fantastic headunit as well. Im replacing my z2 with it i never used my nav or anything so no point in having it. Plus id need a h701 and controller for my 3 way front and sub so id be spending about the same. Just cant wait to play round with this bad boy.
You definitely made the right switch. I'm a HUGE fan of SQ oriented single din old-school looking headunits. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your setup when it is done.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Get_Zwole

thanks Kwame the comps etc ill be running is 3 way active dls iridiums. 3'' mids and tweets in dash pods on axis customized by none other then Bing himself. The ones from dvflyers car. 6.5'' midbass iridiums im prob gonna have to use my older door pods until i get some extra coin to get Bing to fab me up some kicks for my midbass's. Dls ra 20 for midbass, dls ra 40 for mids and tweets, jl w6v2 out back for sub and 500/1 jl amp for sub. I like my w6 it sounds pretty good with the dls so ill be keeping it for a while. Cant wait to get it all finished up should sound pretty darn good.

Im also really gonna like the volume control on the drz it can go in single db's from -95 to +6 or .5 db's so thats pretty cool to me.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Kwame

Are you using the JL equipment because you already have it?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Get_Zwole

Are you using the JL equipment because you already have it?
yeah i got the sub in there when i was still using the blose. then i went 2 way passive now im going all out lol. I figured the jl sounds good enough to hold me over for a little while.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Kwame

yeah i got the sub in there when i was still using the blose. then i went 2 way passive now im going all out lol. I figured the jl sounds good enough to hold me over for a little while.
Your rocking a top of the line coveted headunit, your beyond "good enough." If/when your funds allow it I would upgrade your amp and sub to something else. Specifically that sub, although the W6 is a more musical sub than the supposedly top of the line W7 you would get more of an appreciation for the rest of your equipment with something along the lines of a Image Dynamics, Seas Lotus, Peerless or even a DIYMA Reference 12 subwoofer.

All this audio talk has got me wanting to do another build.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Get_Zwole

Your rocking a top of the line coveted headunit, your beyond "good enough." If/when your funds allow it I would upgrade your amp and sub to something else. Specifically that sub, although the W6 is a more musical sub than the supposedly top of the line W7 you would get more of an appreciation for the rest of your equipment with something along the lines of a Image Dynamics, Seas Lotus, Peerless or even a DIYMA Reference 12 subwoofer.

All this audio talk has got me wanting to do another build.
where do you buy diyma subs? i have yet to see them lol. Yeah im def. planning to switch them out. I could prob get 250 out of my box and sub maybe a bit more so that would help fund it. I was thinking IDQ 12 as well have to get a custom box made for it though.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Kwame

where do you buy diyma subs? i have yet to see them lol. Yeah im def. planning to switch them out. I could prob get 250 out of my box and sub maybe a bit more so that would help fund it. I was thinking IDQ 12 as well have to get a custom box made for it though.
Wow, your question just made me realize how long its been since I have shopped for car audio equipment. The DIYMA Reference 12 has been discontinued as of early this year, from the quick 2 minute search I just did on the web. Sorry about that, I guess that wasn't such a good suggestion.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Kwame

I actually just found a new one on ebay from a LEGIT SELLER....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diyma-Sound-Qual...3A1%7C294%3A50

Edit: I should also let you know that this is an SQ sub meaning that yes it will play loud, as loud as say a W7? No, but much MUCH clearer and cleaner. So if your looking to be heard from blocks away this isn't the subwoofer for you.

Last edited by Kwame; 12-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Get_Zwole

^nice no wonder ive never seen them. In your opinion which would you pick for mostly SQ I dont pump too much bass anymore.
FI Q
IDQ
i could go dls as well ive just never heard much about their subs. and 10'' or 12''? i value your opinion alot because ive seen your builds lol you know what your doing for sure. .
Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Kwame

^nice no wonder ive never seen them. In your opinion which would you pick for mostly SQ I dont pump too much bass anymore.
FI Q
IDQ
i could go dls as well ive just never heard much about their subs. and 10'' or 12''? i value your opinion alot because ive seen your builds lol you know what your doing for sure. .
Where do you plan on installing the subwoofer? and this is to be powered by your JL amp correct?

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Get_Zwole

Where do you plan on installing the subwoofer? and this is to be powered by your JL amp correct?

Thanks for the kind words.
ehh it depends im open for suggestions lol 500/1's sell pretty easily so i could always replace it. sub will be pretty much anywhere in the back. understrut to the side box in the spare tire well pretty much anywhere except in stock location.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Kwame

HAHA, I hear ya. Well at least give me a budget (I'm not the type you ask for suggestions from without giving a budget, lol) you'd like to keep it within for the subwoofer and for the amp. I may not be the best person to give advice on which amplifier to go with, i know there are a plethora of people on boards like www.diymobileaudio.com that can give you much better advice than I could ever.

In regards to the FI subwoofers, I don't know much about them and I have never heard one in person, but from what I read they are supposedly more SPL oriented. I know thats not helping you much, but I rather be upfront that to up/down talk something I have no experience with.

Quick Reply: Pure SEX