Danimsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually sorry, he said there is not a class
Old 09-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Duke407

Originally posted by Danimsta
actually sorry, he said there is not a class
Still, that's pretty wierd. I've always thought that each and every state has some form of "defensive driving" class that people can attend in order to eliminate points from their record. That has always been a standard. If you really want to find out if there is such a class for you in the area you live in, contact either the DMV or even your insurance representative. They will be able to guide you in the right direction, but I would first check out the "yellow pages". IMHO, I think that cop or whoever told you that is blowing you a line of s**t!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Danimsta

yeah first he gives me ticket for 40 in 30...
and it was such ********... cause its one of those roads where NO one goes 30... they usually go 35-45

i was following traffic and i get nailed
pissed me off..

but o well

thanks duke

also, radar detectors, do u use laser alot

cuase i wanna get v1 and put next to rear view mirror(i have 95 maxima) and i have one of those windhsiles with the tint built in, and some people told me its not good to put there
Old 09-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Duke407

Originally posted by Danimsta
yeah first he gives me ticket for 40 in 30...
and it was such ********... cause its one of those roads where NO one goes 30... they usually go 35-45

i was following traffic and i get nailed
pissed me off..

but o well

thanks duke

also, radar detectors, do u use laser alot

cuase i wanna get v1 and put next to rear view mirror(i have 95 maxima) and i have one of those windhsiles with the tint built in, and some people told me its not good to put there
I haven't used a radar in probably 5 years or so, ever since the "laser" came out. Radar detectors work pretty well on highways, but let me tell ya', if you get caught with a cop using a laser, you mind as well hang it up! Ain't no s**t. The thing about laser is that they are "target specific". What I mean is that there can be 20 cars travelling right next to each other and a laser can pick out the car in the middle if the cop wants to. All he has to do it put the little "red dot" on the hood of your car, and it is over. Another thing about lasers is that a cop can get a traffic violator when the car is even 2000 feet away. How can they do that you ask? Because the lasers have a 2x scope mounted on them, so if you are like 1800 feet away, it the scope of the laser you appear only 900 feet away to the cop using the device. And from experience, the cop will ALWAYS see you long before you see him. Just the way it works. Those lasers are quite an impressive instrument.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Danimsta

holy ****

i want one!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 09-16-2003, 09:01 PM
silverz

Default Michael_Torpey

Hey dude,
I have done it in the past and so far it has worked. I don't know if works in all states but it does in North Carolina. As for the cop in Atlanta - you are just like every other cop that I have ever run into. They are all "know it alls" and think because they wear a badge they have all the answers to every question. Don't get me wrong I admire and appreciate everything you do for the public but you don't need to be a know it all.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Danimsta

i have heard that trick before also...
hmm

listen to the cop who is a know it all
or listen to the know it all, i mean, guy who knows.. it.. all.. lol

Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 AM
syf0n

Originally posted by JasonSmithMT
and why do you think V1 should pay for your ticket ... sounds like to me it was giving you the warning. Be happy the cop gave you a break.
I agree...giving it "a little gas" doesn't mean 97mph. In traffic, I'd just call that f*cking retarded, buddy! If you don't have a brain, then all the V1 will tell you is that you're an idiot. Use some common sense when you drive and your $400 dollar investment might pay off...
Old 09-17-2003, 07:29 AM
WolfMan

Originally posted by syf0n
I agree...giving it "a little gas" doesn't mean 97mph. In traffic, I'd just call that f*cking retarded, buddy! If you don't have a brain, then all the V1 will tell you is that you're an idiot. Use some common sense when you drive and your $400 dollar investment might pay off...
This is ****ing rediculous... yes 97 mph IS fast.. but jesus christ, how fast do you usually drive? 45? I mean ****, may as well have bought a pinto.

I know there are those out there that will disagree.. but 97mph can be driven safely with a driver that knows what he is doing especially in a Z.

"traffic" can mean alot of things, he didn't specify if it was thick, or just a few scattered cars. Believe me, I agree with you on him needing to just pay the ticket and be done with it, the cop was very nice, but I hate seeing these posts that bash people for how fast they drive.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 AM
havabooz

i havnt posted in a while..but now im forced to

like i said...i didnt have to switch lanes..and i didnt have to brake hard

therefore traffic was moving nicely...there was a little strip with no cars in front of me..so i stepped on it...i was already going 75...so i got to 97 pretty fast

end of story

if you think 97 is f**n retarted then buy a kia sephia
Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 AM
WolfMan

Originally posted by havabooz
i havnt posted in a while..but now im forced to

like i said...i didnt have to switch lanes..and i didnt have to brake hard

therefore traffic was moving nicely...there was a little strip with no cars in front of me..so i stepped on it...i was already going 75...so i got to 97 pretty fast

end of story

if you think 97 is f**n retarted then buy a kia sephia
Amen
Old 09-17-2003, 11:29 AM
syf0n

I drive within 10MPH of the speed limit on roads. I save excessive speed for the track.

Instead of telling me I need to get a Kia because I don't want to drive recklessly like yourself, I suggest you learn to control your immature need to mash the gas pedal when other people are around.

You're being pretty bold to insinuate that I'm wrong, or that 25MPH faster than an already liberal speed is safe. You have absolutely NO IDEA what kind of factors can come into play on the open road -- a tire blowout, another car swerving out of control -- so telling me to either "get a kia or drive wrecklessly" is pretty idiotic. Personally I care enough about myself, other people, and my 30,000 dollar investment not to pull this kind of **** routinely.

You more than deserve the ticket.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:21 PM
pulpz2

You're being pretty bold to insinuate that I'm wrong ...so telling me to either "get a kia or drive wrecklessly" is pretty idiotic.

[/B][/QUOTE]

There is a big difference between speeding and reckless driving. I catagorize talking on the phone, talking to other people in the car, watching TV, mindless tailgating, driving in other's blind spots, etc as "reckless". People who do not have their full attention on the road are much more reckless than those who have onehelluva sports car speeding with total concentration on the road.

Furthermore, in my opion I am much less likely to get in a reck, or cause a reck, If I am driving faster than traffic. The worst thing a person can do is drive the same speed as others. All sense of speed is lost and cars tend to get lost in blind spots. People tend to become miopic and dont pay attention to what is going on. More often than not freeway accidents occur for these reasons.

BUT the bottom line is that if you break the law your responsible for the consequences. So pay your ticket and be done with it. AND the left lane is a passing lane so get the h*ll out of it if your not passing.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:25 PM
havabooz

just for the record..i didnt get a reckless driving ticket..hence..i was not recklessly driving..i was speeding.."with the flow of traffic"

and yes..there is such thing as that
Old 09-17-2003, 12:41 PM
havabooz

nicely put pulpz....its the slow drivers that make me want to go faster

i dont see the need to slow EVERYONE on the road

regardless of the fact that we want to go over the speedlimit

if you really wanted to help your cause you would get in the right lane..

and syfon..i dont know why this is getting personal

but you are talking as if you saw me that day....IT was the safest driving ever...NO ONE was in danger...NO ONE got hurt01...that wasnt the case at all....go 90 one time..youll see that its not as fast as you think it is
Old 09-17-2003, 01:08 PM
pulpz2

Havabooz,

Do you have a pic of your Z? I'm thinking about painting the calipers on my SS enth red also. I have a friend that has a silver S2000 and his are painted. It looks really sharp.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:48 PM
WolfMan

PulpZ:

I couldn't agree more on all counts.

One thing that bothers me, is people that don't use turnouts on one lane HWYs, if I saw sombody get behind me that wanted to go faster than I did.. I sure as hell would pull over and let them by.. it takes seconds and makes everybody happy.

But I run in to @$$holes that think they own the road.. I tell you, it's people like that, that cause accidents, not the person focused on driving.

Meh, oh well.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:53 PM
havabooz

i think everyone is getting tired...anyway..

pulpz....im in school now...and i dont have my camera with me...but im going to paint the other side of my car when the iforged aeros come (dont ask y i didnt do it all at once..long story)

anyway...the pic with the new wheels will be much better (less spokes= more visual of caliper)

but they are really nice

and its kind of a fun job to do

so yeh..i will post pics...but probobly not till next week
Old 09-17-2003, 01:57 PM
havabooz

they will kinda look like this

hehe..obviously this is a stoptech system..but it just gives u an idea of red on a silverstone..

plus those are my wheels too

and dont u love that front diffuser he has

all SS should look up to his car

its jran's car by the way

Old 09-17-2003, 02:24 PM
pulpz2

BTW how are pics included in the signiture?

Quick Reply: should V1 pay my speeding ticket