Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bose problem

I used a search, so dont flame! :-)
I just got a z and i have heard so much about problems with the bose. I was wondering exactly what these problems were. I have the bose and i realized that the volume goes up an down by its-self! The quality can also be better (i mean it is BOSE!). Were there any other problems with the bose? Thanks!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:43 PM
z430hp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read away my friend... Dont get too frustrated.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=16701

Dont forget to vote:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/40303-petition-for-tsb-to-fix-bose-stereo-problems.html
Old 09-01-2003, 06:55 PM
johnsZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please take a look at a bunch of other threads regarding Bose.
Or, "Blose" as some were calling them.
Bose is a tremendously effective marketing organization, but not so great in the sound reproduction department.

supposedly, there is a complete changeover afoot, with Nissan dumping the Bose stuff in favor of Clarion (Japanese, of course)- check the threads, I do not have details.
Clarion is rather mundane also, but inexpensive (to a manufacturer), so Nissan probably got a better deal from a cost perspective, and now has something to replace the poor performing Bose system. BTW- I did not purchase the Bose stuff for my Z because I can do better at any Pep Boys... maybe a slight exaggeration, but only a little one...

Actually, I am really peeved at Japanese electronics. My top of the line Pioneer DVD (2 years old) can't play more than 10 minutes and then it freezes, three portable CD players (Panasonic, 2 Sony) have developed a "I will not play past the 8th track syndrome" (all three... same problem). And my Sony highend receiver (3 years old) has developed a hiss... Hmmm.
My Phase Linear 4000 is still perfect after 27 years, my Hafler 220 is still quiet as a mouse (16 years old), and some SWTP power amplifiers that I built in college (far back in the last century) are still running quiet and cool at 125 W/channel....
Too bad there is no American stuff other than amplifiers (MTX is just north of my home, and Rockford-Fosgate is two towns over).
Oh well, get rid of the Bose junk and find something better, I guess, GOOD LUCK...

Last edited by johnsZ; 09-01-2003 at 07:03 PM.