Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: which sub would you pick for SQ?
DLS ultimate Iridium
9.09%
DLS nobelium
9.09%
image dynamics IDQ
54.55%
Focal if so list which one
0%
Other if other please specify which you would choose...
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick a good SQ sub....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best SQ sub in the DLS line up is hte RW10 or 12. if pure SQ is your goal.

but when eople say SQ, most of them mean SQL...they do want to have a little bit of umph and output as well.

as far as going from your w6, what dont you like about it? its not by any means a bad sub...so if you are going to switch, i would hope its for something that has a dramatically different sound than it...the dls RW will be faster, tonally better, just a more dry sounidng sub...but it wont have the same output or low freq extension.

all comes down to waht you want to do.

what processor are you running now?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
the best SQ sub in the DLS line up is hte RW10 or 12. if pure SQ is your goal.

but when eople say SQ, most of them mean SQL...they do want to have a little bit of umph and output as well.

as far as going from your w6, what dont you like about it? its not by any means a bad sub...so if you are going to switch, i would hope its for something that has a dramatically different sound than it...the dls RW will be faster, tonally better, just a more dry sounidng sub...but it wont have the same output or low freq extension.

all comes down to waht you want to do.

what processor are you running now?
Thats one of the things im debating. The w6 just seems too boomy for me. It just doesnt blend well with the dls, to me anyways. Processor im just running the DRZ 9255, Now that ive been reading reviews ive heard nothing but great things about the stereo integrity mag v4... Have you heard it? So many choices lol.
Everytime i think i wanna go pure SQ on a sub i think about every once in a blue moon where i play some heavy bass music. I think that a true SQ sub will give me enough to please me though. I hate Loud Loud bass so i think a dls or other paper cone sq woofer would work fine.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i would try some other things on the w6 before just switching, enclouser air space, tuning, etc...all have something to do with it.

i have done a few w6s that sounded perfectly fine, given the larger of its reocmmended enclosure, and i typically low pass subs 60-70hz with a varying slope...try high passing it lower with a shper slope, and lowering hte high pass on the midbass, see if you see a difference?

the SI mag is a nice sub, i have heard it on a few occassions, but honestly, to me, its hard for a sub to be that much of a standout...unlike mid/high speakers.

b
Old 01-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ive tried low passing it at 63hz with a 12db slope ill try at 6. Should i bring my iridium 6.5 down to 63 with a steep slope or leave it up at 80? I dont know exactly how low the dls will go. Thanks as always for your help Bing. Ill give it some more time.

what do you typically do about time aligning a sub in the Z? I have a great center thus far and have it sounding great but ive never had t/a on a sub so im unsure on what to do on it...