Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

OEM Bose SUB problem...help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009 | 08:40 AM
CaliBoy

Default OEM Bose SUB problem...help!

Guys my friend his having a problem with the OEM Bose sub. It’s been kicking and not kicking as it feels like it. We were thinking it’s the sub we changed it for a new one but still the same. We replaced the small sub amp next to the sub as well but still the same. The rest of the speakers work perfectly but the sub is becoming a pain in the butt. At this point we are thinking of swapping the head unit or the Bose AMP in the trunk but both are expensive so any input on how we can pinpoint the problem without replacing more working parts?
Old 02-21-2009 | 09:23 AM
rob6118

Originally Posted by CaliBoy
Guys my friend his having a problem with the OEM Bose sub. It’s been kicking and not kicking as it feels like it. We were thinking it’s the sub we changed it for a new one but still the same. We replaced the small sub amp next to the sub as well but still the same. The rest of the speakers work perfectly but the sub is becoming a pain in the butt. At this point we are thinking of swapping the head unit or the Bose AMP in the trunk but both are expensive so any input on how we can pinpoint the problem without replacing more working parts?
Supposedly these cars have an issue with a microphone attached to the steering column which tells your amp to adjust sound levels based on cabin noise. The repair is to replace the amp.

I waited until my bose 6cd ate 6 brand new CD's and refused to spit them back out. I just replaced the whole system with a Alpine IVA W205 DVD, 4x6.5" Polk speakers 2xtweeters, 10" kicker sub, and 5 channel 600 watt Polk Amp all for a thousand bucks.

Not a bad deal imho. If it bugs you that much buy an aftermarket amp, but imo while you are wiring that up you might as well do speakers and HU.
Old 02-21-2009 | 10:17 AM
CaliBoy

aftermarket is not an option, the car must stay OEM. ill try replacing the stupid mic as well today. maybe thats the problem...
Old 02-21-2009 | 10:51 AM
rob6118

Originally Posted by CaliBoy
aftermarket is not an option, the car must stay OEM. ill try replacing the stupid mic as well today. maybe thats the problem...
Lolz then you are just sol. Don't bother trying to replace the mic, search for the service bulletin that is out there (I believe I found it on 350z tech). It says replace stock amp and I believe the cost was like $600
Old 02-21-2009 | 03:25 PM
CaliBoy

I replaced the AMP as well now but same thing. So far the main AMP ( in the trunk), the SUB, the sub amp and mic have been replaced. still the same thing.

OK..so when the music is playing the sub will go out and when i hit the aloy panel its sitting on by hand ( just bump it) it comes back to live again. I checked the wires and all seem OK...

now im stuck...

i guess we are having this same problem

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/3...tting-out.html

Last edited by CaliBoy; 02-21-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2009 | 04:18 PM
adamtaylorpcb

take the sub out and play it free air. maybe a connection is grounding out when you have it installed
Old 02-21-2009 | 04:50 PM
CaliBoy

i tried it...still same problem..

just came back from Nissan and they are saying there is no TSB on the 05 models..they are saying ( they think) we need a new head unit