Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

DST

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 AM
frankidee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DST

Maybe someone can help. Last Sunday we went to Daylight Savings Time, and for some reason my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT NAV unit did not update the time. It still shows Central Standard time (1 hour back). I've gone to the time settings, reset the "auto update", all to no avail. Any help?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're in Kansas you're still on Central Standard Time even with the DST change. Your time zone doesn't change. Is the time reading correctly on the clock now?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
frankidee

Well, we are on Daylight Savings Time here in Kansas. Either that, or me and all my neighbors spent a lot of time for nothing changing our clocks. But seriously, the time on my GPS clock is an hour off now. I did a quick search on Google and it seems the Pioneer folks kinda forgot that little detail in their programming. The thread I read suggested that I find a time zone that matches with my present time and set the GPS to that until sometime in November when we go back to CST.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
adamtaylorpcb

i have the same problem..... GO PIONEER! WOOO
Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 AM
wintermute

Default me too

I have the same problem out in California.. I can't use the time from the GPS, as it uses your location to set the time zone, and there is no DST option. Boo pioneer.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 AM
frankidee

Here is response that I finally got from Pioneer:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.
I'm sorry, we have identified a problem with these units after the DST. Our engineers are investigating the problem and working on a solution.
For a temporary solution, turn off the Auto Correction and then change the Time Zone to one before yours.
Please register your product and you will be notified when an update is released.

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

So, if they forgot to program that, what else is missing?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 AM
WhiskeyHotel

Not only that, the gov changed the date that we begin and end daylight savings time - the Pioneer could simply be waiting for the "old" daylight saving time change - it'll be interesting to see...
Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 AM
frankidee

Whiskyhotel hit the nail on the head! Last week I set the time on the GPS screen to the Eastern Time Zone so my clock would read the correct time. Sunday morning I got into the car and noticed that the time was now off (ahead) by one hour. I go to the "Settings" and reset the time to "Auto Update" and, voila, the correct time is now displayed.

How about this? Before the government changed DST to the 3rd Sunday in March it was the 1st Sunday in March. Pioneer must've had that programmed into their units but failed to make the change to the 3rd Sunday in March.

So my question for their support is: Why didn't they just say so in their response to me last week? Duh

I look forward to the same situation (in reverse) next year when we return to CST.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmy f700bt was in the wrong time too for the past few week. Had to Disable auto correct, and change my time zone to -6 instead of -5. Then today my time is back to normal, so i switched the Time Zone and turn on Auto Update and everything seem fine..