Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone replaced ROADSTER rear speakers/sub?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:01 AM
RedHerring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone replaced ROADSTER rear speakers/sub?

Has anyone replaced the speakers in the rear of the roadster? Are there instructions somewhere? I searched and couldn't find anything specific, but some others have asked the same question, but their posts were buried in other threads and never answered. This should bring it out into the open.

What is the procedure for replacing the rear speakers? Disassembly instructions are what I need most.

I have alpine CDA-7897 head unit, and alpine XM radio unit.

I also have a 10 inch kenwood subwoofer left over from a previous project. Will this speaker fit in the stock sub position? I realize that I will have to seal the enclosure and/or build a box for it.

Can I put the XM antenna in the dash, like the stock nav antenna is? ( or stock 2004 "pre-wired for sat radio" antenna is )

I also plan to buy some 6.5 inch high end quart component speakers for all around. I would LIKE to replace the existing tweeters in the door, has anyone done this?

The hardest part is convincing my wife that I need amps etc.

Mods: Please don't move this thread to the Roadster specific forum. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Horizon1

haven't seen the back speaker panels of a roadster, but i imagine it'd be similar to ours somewhat. Anyhow, i'm pretty sure the doors are the same...so look in the HOW-TO thread on top if you haven't already. if you have, and its different..then ignore me.

I have fit tweeters from my polyglass component set in the stock location with slight mod to the bracket that fits the stock tweet. I had to cut one of the posts that holds the orig tweeter to make the new tweeter fit flush in there and just used 3M dble sided tape to secure it. Fit is good and doesn't rattle or anything.

hope that helps
Old 09-11-2003, 12:40 PM
RedHerring

Default Now That I think about it...

The tweets must have a crossover somewhere, anyone know where it is? Thanks for the tweeter install info, I will use it wisely.