Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Give me your opinion....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 07:05 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me your opinion....

ok, right now i have some decent stereo stuff in my car. here's what i have so far.

--> kenwood kdc-969
--> dvd player
--> tv tuner
--> infinity kappa 63.5i speakers all around

that's it....nothing else (stereo wise).

what do you think about this for an upgrade:

--> custom kick panels with JL 3 way speakers in them (http://www.jlaudio.com/evolution/XR653CS.html) (6.5 inch speaker in the door and 4 inch speaker and 1 inch tweeter in the kick panel)...potentially painted silverstone to match the car...it would stand out more.
--> JL Audio 10W3V2 (http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w3v2.html) in custom under strut box (with plexiglass cutout in the rear)
--> JL Audio 500x5 amp (http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/5005.html) in stock bose sub location (with custom cutout in the cover)
--> blue neon in the box (since there is a plexiglass window in the back, you would be able to see into the box and will see the neon...you would only be able to see it looking at the back of the box. the front would be all covered and flush) and in the amp location (since the amp will go on a custom amp rack built in the stock sub location, i am planning on having a window cut out and some plexi glass will go in there...either just a square...or the shape of a "z"...i wanted to put some blue neon in there as well so you could see it. also...in the footwells. there would be blue and white neon in the footwell. the white neon would go on when i opened the doors...so i could see more or less...and only when the doors are open. all of the blue neon in the car would be connected to the same switch and would only come on when needed (shows, showing off the car....haha....etc). the neon is just a maybe....not 100% on that yet).

obviously the other mics. parts will be in there.....4 gauge wiring kit with electronic fuse box. a few rca cables. yadda yadda yadda.

so...what are your opinions? should i go through with it??
Old 09-17-2003, 11:43 AM
djkern
Banned

ok, i've changed my ideas around....this will be my new set up.

no neon...junk that idea!

- the amp will go in the stock sub location...still the JL amp (http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/5005.html)

- instead of the JL components...i'm going to go with Alpine components (Alpine SPX-F17T). these will go in the kick panels. (i would go with the Alpine SPX-Z18T, but those are $3,500 for just the component speakers....haha)

- two JL 8w3v2's instead of a 10w3v2 (http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/8w3v2.html). this will go in the sub boxes pictured.

and this alpine deck to replace the kenwood i have: Alpine CDA-7998.

and, the cables and whatnot would stay the same.

how's that idea? what are your opinions??
Attached Thumbnails Give me your opinion....-sub1.jpg  
Old 09-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Encore

One things for sure those enclosures are awesome.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:02 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Encore
One things for sure those enclosures are awesome.
haha....you bet they are. you have a great idea...i'm just going to run with it in my car! how's your car coming along?? i've been following the pics....looks awesome!! how does is sound??
Old 09-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Encore

Its sounds good. I think if your not a bass head a 8 would sound great beside the spare were there is now foam. Its just begging for a sub. A 8 mounted that far back in our cars should slam. I think if you deside to mass produce a enclosure that would be the way to go. It would be alot simpler, and more profitable than trying to make copys of my enclosures. Materials add up quick when fiberglassing. Im timpted to try making one to see how it sounds, and then make a mold. A idea on your set up, since your in boston why not do bostons up front? They sound great, plus you would be backing your hood.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:50 AM
djkern
Banned

i'll have to talk to my audio guy and see what he thinks. i'll ask him about the sub in the foam idea.