Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVH P4100 - anyone own one for a Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009 | 08:15 PM
boomfranco

How easy is it to install a headunit in a 350z? Just remove the old one, plug in old wires into new headunit, and thats it?

How is the old unit removed?
Old 07-17-2009 | 02:30 AM
quiksilverx181

Originally Posted by Kupalo
I swear I got a 12 hour clock, I haven't paid that much attention to it but right now its 10:57 PM and that's what it says, and in 12 hours it will say the same thing.

I can't get the video to play though from an iPod, has anyone? I know you have to turn the h/u off then go into the menu and Aux1 to "iPod" instead of Video for it to work, but it doesn't play for me. I have an 30GB iPod Video 5G and have the video setting correct. TV Out is on and its set to NTSC.

I think I have everything right but I still can't get it to work. :/
Mine doesnt work either, I had just thought my unit was defective. Guess not.
Old 07-17-2009 | 03:41 PM
DarkHero

Originally Posted by quiksilverx181
Mine doesnt work either, I had just thought my unit was defective. Guess not.
A few things. With Pioneer (and many others) you need more then a USB like iPod cord to watch video. In fact you need this :

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130IU20...0V.html?tp=120

My buddy has it (and bypass) and we watch family guy on the road. If the cable is in the $10-20 range it's prob just a glorified USB cable. Look for the ones in the $40-50 range (buy them somewhelse besies crutchfield )

I do have a question though. Has anyone with steering controls tried to use the adapter for this headunit? I found this on Amazon and Crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIP...S.html?tp=3405

any ideas if that will work? Crutchfield says it will work with the stero but what about my 06 steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance
Dark
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:52 PM
dctoast

cant seem to get mine to play video from ipod .. anyone have any luck getting that to work?

i got the metra kit and it needed some trimming for thinks not to rub...

24hr clock is annoying.

I hope a firmware update comes out soon
Old 07-17-2009 | 10:43 PM
DarkHero

Originally Posted by dctoast
cant seem to get mine to play video from ipod .. anyone have any luck getting that to work?

i got the metra kit and it needed some trimming for thinks not to rub...

24hr clock is annoying.

I hope a firmware update comes out soon
I literally just posted that right above you. You have to have a cord capable of doing it.
Old 07-17-2009 | 11:08 PM
dctoast

i saw that and i'm also using that cord and its still not working... do you own this model?
Old 07-18-2009 | 08:02 AM
DarkHero

i saw that and i'm also using that cord and its still not working... do you own this model?
Do you have the iPod video cable or the usb fashioned cable? The easiest way to tell is that there is by comparing yours to the pictured cable

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130IU20...neer+AVH+P4100

if you look on the right there is a video in part of the cord AND and audio. If you have a USB connector on your cord it is the wrong one. This cord was designed for video for ipods so if you DO have this cable then check to make sure you are getting the correct source in. After that then I would start suspecting other faulty componets and troubleshoot from there.
Old 07-18-2009 | 09:36 AM
dctoast

Originally Posted by DarkHero
Do you have the iPod video cable or the usb fashioned cable? The easiest way to tell is that there is by comparing yours to the pictured cable

if you look on the right there is a video in part of the cord AND and audio. If you have a USB connector on your cord it is the wrong one. This cord was designed for video for ipods so if you DO have this cable then check to make sure you are getting the correct source in. After that then I would start suspecting other faulty componets and troubleshoot from there.
i have the right cable a Pioneer CD-IU200V, the cable is not the issue...

i doubt there is anything faulty as im not the only avh-p4100dvd user with this same issue...

anyone that actually owns this unit got their ipod video working with it?
Old 07-18-2009 | 01:40 PM
klwoodie

Default 4100

just installed the 4100 today and it looks and sounds great. a good investment for 400.00 , plus 20.00 for the metra install kit.
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:56 PM
sublime258

i have the right cable a Pioneer CD-IU200V, the cable is not the issue...

i doubt there is anything faulty as im not the only avh-p4100dvd user with this same issue...

anyone that actually owns this unit got their ipod video working with it?
Glad to see I'm not the only person in the world having this issue. I'm also using the correct cable (CD-IU200V). I have a 30gb 5G Ipod. I can't get videos to play from the Ipod...I can hear the audio for the video, but no video. From doing some research on the net, it seems like this only happens with 5G Ipods...so maybe they aren't compatible with this head unit? I certainly hope that isn't the case, if it is, Pioneer is a bunch of liars.
Old 07-23-2009 | 08:25 AM
Kupalo

Originally Posted by DarkHero

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I have the USB fasioned cord. Whats the difference though? I just did a search for the cord on Froogle and bought the cheapest one.

I didn't know they made a difference.
Old 09-19-2009 | 11:22 AM
Khanvict

i just bought mine from ebay and waitin on it.. cant wait !

does anyone have any pics of install since a lot of you have this unit?
Old 09-27-2009 | 06:20 AM
Maddawg

installed AVH-P5100 w/Bouston Acoustic SL 60 &65s w/G110 Sub. Added an ARC XEQ w/ Alpine PDX-5 and wallah! 5 channels nicely stretching the limits of sound in a 2006 Touring Coupe.
Old 10-06-2009 | 07:33 AM
occxlr8ed

Got my audio install completed today
Love the 4100, bit laggy with the ipod but its ok!

Old 12-15-2009 | 06:24 PM
ss7falcon

Anyone ever figure out the ipod video issue? I'm having the same problem, using the CD-IU200V cable from Pioneer. I only get audio and a black screen.

DVDs work but no ipod video
Old 12-21-2009 | 04:55 AM
Maddawg

Took a ahp5100dvd, alpine pdx-5 amp, boston accustics 60 &65s, gl110 sw, arc eq & meta kit. totally packed doors & back coloum.

Sounds like sitting inside a set of high end headphones.

Definitely Pioneer over Bose (now in a box on shelf) 4100 versus 5100 = 5100 don't have 3 outputs to amp. ARC EQ took care of that unit came wired for usb/ipob already. Garmin 855 gps hardwired in front cubby hole.
turn off HU and it tucks itself in - looking like a standard radio. close frnt cubby hole and whole system is unseen.

great deterient as MO Town appears to be a car theft capital by news - simple solutiopn here is a little Beretta 40 PDX4

Last edited by Maddawg; 12-21-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2009 | 03:08 PM
marcus321

i am trying to do the relay parking e-break trick. which relay do i use? http://www.amazon.com/Tyco-Relay-SPD.../dp/B000P61E36

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062477

One is bosch and other is radioshack. bosch is 5 prong but the middle one is not used. radioshack looks identical w/o the middle 5th prong. can i use either one? i would rather not order so I can do this tomorrow instead of waiting.
Old 03-18-2010 | 03:22 AM
snowboarder599

Originally Posted by MidnightZ
bump...any installation input to help the community? Thanks.
I just recently put the 4100 into my Z I just put up some videos on you tube, and if I could access youtube right now, I would put up the link, but I can't because I am at work. If you look up "How to uninstall Nissan 350z stereo" I have a two part video on there that I recorded with my iPhone. Also, If you need a wiring diagram/wire splice guide let me know. I have a few in my posession that I can scan/type up!
Old 03-18-2010 | 03:27 AM
snowboarder599

Originally Posted by marcus321
i am trying to do the relay parking e-break trick. which relay do i use? http://www.amazon.com/Tyco-Relay-SPD.../dp/B000P61E36

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062477

One is bosch and other is radioshack. bosch is 5 prong but the middle one is not used. radioshack looks identical w/o the middle 5th prong. can i use either one? i would rather not order so I can do this tomorrow instead of waiting.
All you need is a 2-3 prong SWITCH. What you do is attach the Parking brake cable to one of the terminals on the switch, then attach a ground, and screw the grounding wire in. If these results do not work, then switch the wires around until they do! You might blow some fuses , but it's really not a big deal.I found my switch at Radio Shack for $2. Once you find the combo that works for you, solder your wires on, and mount it somewhere noticible, so you can show off your electrical geniusness! Check my previous post if you need any help!
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:18 AM
yomike007

Ive had the p4200 for about 4 months now. Bought the bluetooth/HD radio and everything. The touch screen just went out. Panasonic says i need to ship it to a facility in texas for repair, and they will ship it back to me. This is obviously a huge PITA, as this now involves removing the broken unit from my dash, reassembling the dash without a head unit, waiting weeks for the fixed unit to arrive, then reinstalling it. Buyer beware, if your p4200 goes out, its gonna be a PITA to get it fixed.
DONT BUY!
Get the more expensive kenwood unit and dont mess with panasonics shitty products and even worse customer service.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH P4100 - anyone own one for a Z yet?