Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Can't get new DVD Navi to work right....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Sora1421

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get new DVD Navi to work right....

Me and my buddy who has set up his alpine system in his CR-V were trying to add in an XOVision XOD1840BTNAVI , a 7" flip down DVD player and Navi. Also we are doing the 7" Power Acoustik monitor in the cubby of my 03 Z Enthusiast.

I purchased a Metra dash kit and wiring harness online, the Navi, and the screen. I don't have a soldering iron with me (have one at my work) so we just did simple twist the wires together and black tape them for temp fixes. He hooked up the wires himself and when we got the console back on, it didn't seem like it was going to work but all of a sudden after like 30 seconds it came on. The monitor wasn't working but that was all right now. Then we noticed there was no sound in the front left speaker, as well as the fitment on the Metra dash kit was bad for the XOVision I guess.

So we took it back out and noticed that sure as expected the front left speaker wire had pulled apart. We decided to cut some excess wires and change the 7" cubby monitor's red power line to a different line to see ift hat would work, after spending an hour cutting, twisting, and taping. We put the dash back in but this time...the screen wont even come on. When the lights are turned on the In-Dash buttons light up but will not come on.

I put the stock stereo back in and that works just fine....and it worked before until we took it out and changed a power wire. He is working right now until late and i cant remember how it was even hooked up the first time it worked. Please help me try to get these wires on the Navi hooked up to the metra wiring harness correctly...aside from the 8 speaker wires, since those are obvious please make sure I'm doing this right. The Navi's wires are listed on the left, connected to the Metra's Wires which are on the right.

The Navi's Wiring set-up The Metra harness

Yellow: Battery -> Yellow: Constant 12V
Blue: Power Antenna + -> Blue: Power Antenna
Pink: Lamp In -> Orange: Illumination
Red: Ignition Key -> NOT HOOKED UP TO ANYTHING.
Orange: Reverse Gear -> NOT HOOKED UP TO ANYTHING

I have 4 wires grounded, 3 actual ground wires and the parking brake.

Also, the Stock 350z harness has a red wire which I believe is the 12v. it is hooked up to the Power acoustick ACC/12V+ wire. The metra harness says the red wire is "12V Ignition/ Acc" I think we may have had the Red "Ignition Key" wire on the Navi hooked up to it before. Is this crucial to have the navi turn on? We figured the Monitor had to connect to that one for power instead.

I know this is confusing, but I tried to make it as easy to read as possible. Thank you for reading and helping if you can.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM
eod nhoj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maybe this will help u ?

follow this link for wiring info

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...all-guide.html