Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Driver's Side Subwoofer..Possibly a Passenger Side Woofer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Deedlebop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Side Subwoofer..Possibly a Passenger Side Woofer?

Ok so I drive an 03 touring with the stock bose setup. There's a bose sub behind my drivers seat, there's a glove box behind my passenger seat. The "holes" for the subwoofer and the glove box look the exact same size...has anyone ever heard of putting a woofer behind the passenger side, giving two bose woofers instead of the one? I would really like to do this mod as it seems like a pretty cheap way to get a little more bass while keeping my back clear. Someone let me know please!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
AreYouAMac

You can add another BOSE sub bracket as the two cubby's are the same - I haven't done it but I know they are the same last time I can recall. I searched on it a while back because I was thinking of doing the same - but I think 1 sub is good enough.

Hope that helps. You can find a cheap bose sub bracket online but I seen it around here for less than prolly 25 bucks.

Good Luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Deedlebop

Yeah that helps out a lot, just need to find the stuff and i'll install it!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 AM
StreetOC192

In the 6 years that the 350Z has been around, I think you are the very first person to come up with that idea!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!

OK, enough sarcasm.
A serious question.........Why? If you have one very crappy sub behind your seat that barely reaches down to 45Hz, why add another? You will gain nothing. You would have to do some wire splicing to wire up the 2nd sub 'amp'. Figuring in the cost of a 2nd sub/amp, it's just not worth the money/time/effort. You will be wanting more very quickly.

I've been reading a lot of posts lately where people just want to add or replace 1 part of the BOSE setup, but these people don't realize that the BOSE is a system that has no quality paths to upgrade. I think a few have successfully changed the headunit, but I don't believe the sound quality yielded can be considered superb.

I understand the want/need for the factory look. The best way to go about it would be, in my opinion:
1 - rip out all BOSE
2 - replace headunit with factory Clarion unit (It's really not a horrible unit as a source only)
3 - replace door speakers with aftermarket components
4 - add a sub in one of the MANY ways already prefabricated by one of our several sponsors
5 - add 1 or 2 amps to drive the components and sub.
6 - lose the rear speakers altogether

You don't need to spend thousands to improve on the sound you are getting from the factory BOSE. Even entry-level components installed correctly and a good 8" sub (if space is a concern) powered with modest wattage will sound 100x better than the BOSE.

Last edited by StreetOC192; 09-09-2009 at 04:17 AM.