Picked up an Avic - F700BT - pics & several questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 07:44 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Picked up an Avic - F700BT - pics & several questions

Hey guys,

So I'm pretty much a newb to Audio and I'm going to attempt to install this unit by myself I picked up this F700BT off Craigslist. It comes with box and everything so I know it's legit. The lady worked for CarToys corporate so she got it for free and had it in her Scion for several months before selling the car.

Anyways, according the picture is there anything else I need off this list?

Pioneer AVIC F700BT:
-Box, manual, registration paperworks
-F700BT unit
-Wiring harness w/ Steering wheel control unit (obviously I can't use with my Personal Steering wheel)
-iPod/USB connector
-Antenna
-Microphone

What I need:
-03 Double DIN kit
-Wiring harness for Nissan
-The unit to make this work with the stock BOSE system

Questions:

1. Is there any reccomendations for a Double Din kit for this unit onto my 03?
2. What is that PAC thing that everyone is using and how hard it is to work on. I've done audio on my teg and did an N2 on my Evo (more like watching) help from my friend
3. Am I missing anything from the box that I should have gotten with my unit?

Thanks guys

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 09-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
aRYip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same unit and i dont think miss anything.
but what is "The unit to make this work with the stock BOSE system" coz i dont think i have it...
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That PAC unit your talking about is this
PAC ROEM-NIS2
http://www.shipsound.com/product_inf...ucts_id=102829

I have the exactly same F700bt in my car with the Bose system. I did not use the PAC ROEM adapter. The volume on the cruise control no longer work, no big deal though. When the volume is at 0, you can hear a tiny hiss noise from the speakers... because I did not use the adapter. If you planning to change out the speakers and running a separate sub and amp later on, dont care about the hiss or volume change on the cruise control, you dont need to buy this adapter.

Eventually you will have to change out the speakers because Bose speakers are rated at 2 ohms load while the F700bt output at 4 ohms load and the Bose amp can't handle that much power.

But in the mean time, you can do like me and swap out the HU and the change in sound will be amazing! Louder, crisper and much more bass! I've had it for about a year and the speakers started to give me problem last month. I'm replacing the speakers next week and also adding a sub and amp.

Hopefully the FT700BT is software bypassed already to allow you to change the setting + watch movie while the car is in motion. If nothing has been done, check out this forum for more info.
http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34&start=0

I've had fun hacking the unit, making the navigation and the menu screen a lot better than factory.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by *ICE*
That PAC unit your talking about is this
PAC ROEM-NIS2
http://www.shipsound.com/product_inf...ucts_id=102829

I have the exactly same F700bt in my car with the Bose system. I did not use the PAC ROEM adapter. The volume on the cruise control no longer work, no big deal though. When the volume is at 0, you can hear a tiny hiss noise from the speakers... because I did not use the adapter. If you planning to change out the speakers and running a separate sub and amp later on, dont care about the hiss or volume change on the cruise control, you dont need to buy this adapter.

Eventually you will have to change out the speakers because Bose speakers are rated at 2 ohms load while the F700bt output at 4 ohms load and the Bose amp can't handle that much power.

But in the mean time, you can do like me and swap out the HU and the change in sound will be amazing! Louder, crisper and much more bass! I've had it for about a year and the speakers started to give me problem last month. I'm replacing the speakers next week and also adding a sub and amp.

Hopefully the FT700BT is software bypassed already to allow you to change the setting + watch movie while the car is in motion. If nothing has been done, check out this forum for more info.
http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34&start=0

I've had fun hacking the unit, making the navigation and the menu screen a lot better than factory.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info bro! That's an excellent list of info for me to get started on

I'm planning on running the stock speakers for as long as I can because I'm not too much of an audiophile. However, I noticed that the stock headunit only goes up to 31 and I do go up to 29-31 range often (but my car is a weekend/garage queen). I'm hoping the stock speakers/amp/sub lasts a while but not too hopeful

As for the unit, I don't know if it has been bypassed but I'm definitely very interested in getting that done. I haven't powered the unit on so I'm not sure on this but could I just try to bypass it anyways?

I'm going to look into adding custom backgrounds as well If you have any more tips please let me know, I love getting good info! I'm going to go head and purchase the PAC unit and a metra kit. Which kit did you go with? Any installed pics? I'd love to see it
Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

I'm looking up directions to bypass it but not having too much luck!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 PM
wasuber

I can bypass that bish for ya homie, but go to avic411.com for teh instructions http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

Last edited by wasuber; 09-12-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

I looked at it but I'd rather have the pro (aka...yousa! ) help me with it I need a PAC unit and a metra kit...I still have the one Jay gave me a while back but I'm not sure where it is lol. God I had this thing sitting in the car at your BBQ too!...thats why I was late Had to run to queen anne to pick it up

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 09-12-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
*ICE*

The Metra kit from buy.com fits great in mine. Although mine is an 06, not sure of the difference.

here is my boot up screen. Very simple and neat.

Any pics will do as long as the resolution is 800x480. Put the .jpg in a folder called "Pictures" on the root of the memory card, then once the HU loaded to the main menu, go to System Setting and change it there.

To do the bypass, if I remember correctly, I did the software bypass and it worked. No need to mess with wires and such. Read this FAQ and it will tell you everything.

To sum it up, basically you will have to boot the HU to testmode (aka Windows CE system and do the hacking there. Hacking simply meaning copy + paste modded files and replace it to the system files). To get the testmode files, read that FAQ. There are also files where you can turn off the extremely annoying key beep every time you touch something.

Good luck.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

^^^ Thanks bro, did you have any issues wiring up the PAC unit? How long did the whole thing take? I saw directions for the d3 here: https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...se-no-nav.html

Not sure if the wiring from the d3 is the same as the F series?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 AM
aRYip

if you do not want hardware bypass, you can simply do software bypass.

Change the value to 160mph. This way, you dont have to change any wire, and the unit will consider the car is moving as the car reach to 160mph.

So you can use all the function when you drive as long as under 160mph
Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

I might do the software but it looks hard >.<

Can anyone confirm if the F series uses the same wiring harness as the D series...I need the wiring info
Old 09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I might do the software but it looks hard >.<

Can anyone confirm if the F series uses the same wiring harness as the D series...I need the wiring info
software bypass is really easy! First you copy the files from the HU to the memory card. Open that file in Notepad. Edit some info. Save it. Copy the file back to the HU. Done deal!

Wiring is pretty much the same. I remember when i did the wiring, I just match the color code from the harness adapter to the HU wires. But then I didn't have the PAC unit so I dont know much about that. Dont worry about the parking brake wire according to Pioneer's manual. The software bypass will fix that.

Last edited by *ICE*; 09-13-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I have the same headunit...OMG

haven't had time to play with it...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I have the same headunit...OMG

haven't had time to play with it...
pics pics pics Im gonna install it tomorrow or tuesday hopefully....super excited This is $250 well spent lol. My buddy sold his Z and gave me his PAC ROEM unit too so = WIN! Gotta go pick up a dash kit tomorrow from best buy though lol

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 09-13-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Dark8lue

i might actually look into getting this one....how do you all like it so far? how $$$
Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Dark8lue

pics pics pics Im gonna install it tomorrow or tuesday hopefully....super excited This is $250 well spent lol. My buddy sold his Z and gave me his PAC ROEM unit too so = WIN! Gotta go pick up a dash kit tomorrow from best buy though lol
i went to best buy and they said they dont have a dash kit for an 07 z??? lol
Old 09-14-2009, 05:50 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

pics pics pics
check my account not the best pics...

EDIT

sorry Dark8lue overlooked you question...

overall, it's alright...alright it is from stock base...I swapped out my rear speakers and threw in a 10inch sub so I went from stock to something nice...

my only real complaint is the boot up time...talk about painful...

Last edited by KingBaby; 09-14-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 AM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by KingBaby
check my account not the best pics...

EDIT

sorry Dark8lue overlooked you question...

overall, it's alright...alright it is from stock base...I swapped out my rear speakers and threw in a 10inch sub so I went from stock to something nice...

my only real complaint is the boot up time...talk about painful...
The new version 2.0 fixed the boot up time and several other issues. My boot up time to iPod playing music is 30 seconds, full menu control is 1 minute. That is a great time consider you still have to wait at least a minute to warm up the car from a cold start.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Thank you very everyone for your help! Especially NismoJoezzz for coming over and helping me install this. It was 5 hours of hell! lol

A lot of things went wrong:
-started at 4:30
-wired everything up, pretty easy
-plugged in unit...no power (thought the lady on craigslist scammed me)
-after an hour and a half we figured out the ground from the PAC unit was bad, so we wired it to the car = done! unit powers on everything's good
-reinstall everything, powers unit on, ipod doesn't work! no sound!
-took everything apart...reinstall still nothing
-after another hour we realized the aux output was turned off on the unit

Anyways, as bumpy as it was, the install was CLEAN! I gotta say this is the best $250 I've ever spent! I have to say thanks to everyone who posted here and contributed to my installation process. Also to my best friend Will for hooking me up with his old PAC from his previous Z. To Nismo Joe for doing a lot of work today and sorry about the cuts from the install . To the girl off CL who sold it to me for the insane price! And last but not least to Jay who gave me his metra dash kit for my previous Z two and a half year ago and has been collecting dust in my garage until now

Installed pics! I also relocated the SAFCII like some of you guys suggested

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
T-Stan

looks good, nice picture

Quick Reply: Picked up an Avic - F700BT - pics & several questions