Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How much did pay for alarm install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
J350z101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much did pay for alarm install?

Having my alarm installed soon and I was quoted 200$ for them to install a 2way clifford alarm.. just wondering if this price is right..
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Ichigo

Well the cost is determined by how many features or "modules" will be used on your install. But that sounds about right for a basic starter kill with current sensing door triggers.
When you start installing hood-pins, hatch-pins, glass-breakage, and movment sensors that the cost starts going up
Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

OEM one, plus I added a mega-super-ultra heavy duty brake pedal anti-theft stainless steel bar... Only time will tell...
Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
KPierson
Banned

For $200 I would hope they would be hooking up the hood pin and the trunk pin, as well as running the wires in to the doors to hook up the remote window up and down functions of the alarm.

If they arn't running wires in to the doors you are paying too much (at least in my market). If they are running wires in to the drivers doors (for lock, unlock, window up, and window down) that's not a bad price. Just make sure, if they do run wires in to the doors, they do NOT drill new holes and that they seal up the hole they drill through the molex connector. If you don't seal it up water can leak down through it and damage the BCM (which sits right under the connector).
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM
gsxtrex

honestly $200 is fair value for a alarm install which should include door locks shock sensor and hood and trunk. Window modulation should be a additional charge normally because you dont need to go into the doors to get the lock unlock. GO to a bestbuy and get a quote. Make sure to ask if the bestbuy you are at has any MECP /MECP 1st class or Master technician as they will be trained better for the most part over a mom and pop shop plus the viper equipment has a lifetime warranty so when the brain fails or keypads go bad the entire system gets replaced at their expense. where are you at in FL ?