Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Mids and Highs upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:32 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mids and Highs upgrade questions

ive already installed a new head unit (pioneer premier deh-p940mp) and a pair of subs (JL audio 10w3v2-d4's) and an amplifier (JL audio 500/1) and successfully managed to blow my stock mids and highs. thus, it looks as if it's time to invest in a set of components. first i have a couple questions though:

1) after some research trying to decide what set of components i should invest in i've narrowed it down to two sets, infinity kappa perfects or focal polykevlars. ive been able to find both within a $200-250 price range. i am concerned that the magnets on the polykevlars will be too big and get in the way of the windows. i'm not sure of the depth of the perfects but either way can anyone help me with the design of a set of spacers or possibly if anyone can make them and sell them, for a reasonable price of course.
also, does anyone have any other suggestions for components within the same price limit. no matter what set of components i get they'll be powered of a JL audio 300/2 (got a terrific deal from a friend parting out his system).

2) do the aftermarket tweeters fit in the factory location or do i need to find another location in which to install them?

thanks for all the help,
Rajiv

'03 ss track since feb'03
the works (except for the navi system)
pioneer premier deh-p940mp
jl audio 500/1
(2) jl audio 10w3-v2-d4's
soon to be ("wishlist"):
jl audio 300/2
a nice set of components
valentine 1..if i can ever manage to save up the money for one
basic performance mod
Old 10-13-2003, 05:17 AM
nizzzan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a setup just like that in my M roadster before the Z. I had the Poly Kevlar, K2? I think, the yellow ones, and they are insane with a 300/2. Although they are also huge depth wise. I think they are about 250-300 on eBay and I can really recomend them. I have had bostons, and some high end fosgates before and none of them where as crisp and produced as much mid base as these. They need power though so you would be very happy with the 300/2. Unfortunately I am not the one to ask about the depth issue. If someone here knows how much room you have before the windows hits then you could check the depth online of the ones you want. I had hell getting them into the kick panels of my roadster. I had the 6.5's and many said it could not be done... Me and friend bondo said it could. We ended up being so right that I had to leave 300 dollar speakers in the car when I sold it because I was not able to get them out nicely/at all...