Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

NAV setup - a little different

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 AM
BillyGoatGag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV setup - a little different

I have a 2005 anniversary edition with basically any option available. I live in Germany, and have realized that the OEM nav will not work with European maps. The US models use a disc for data, and the UK and others use an actual SAT input (I think).

I don't want to tear my stock nav out - it looks nice and fits well...and it works; just not here. I've seen some talk about the Kenwood KOS. Can I use a NAV box for input to the KOS, and then run A/V out to the OEM LCD screen?

I noticed some of the KOS kenwood units only have one A/V out. Does that make for any problems with audio? Regarding future compatibilities - if pushed hard enough, I'm sure I would lean toward a new DDHU, but I'm not convinced just yet.

-Clay
Old 10-26-2009, 12:17 PM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe Spike will chime in with confirmation, but I do not think you can use the OEM screen. You might only be able to use the Kenwood screen (KOS L702). Yes, the Kenwood navigation (KNA G510) hooks right up to the KOS. Here is my KOS set up.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...r-install.html

I am not sure what you mean by "any problems with audio". I ran the audio output from the Bose right into the KOS. Now the Kenwood controls the audio for all functions. I hope that helps.

EDIT: I would consider going a route that allows you to keep the navigation up where it is now. It is a lot safer than having to look all the way down to the bottom of the console. The KOS not only puts navigation at the top of the console, it also puts all of your radio/ipod/sat functions higher as well. Plus it still looks 100% OEM.

Last edited by JEKL; 10-26-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
koren

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me couple of days, I'll find a solution for you!! There is a way to load European maps from European Infinity's to US Z's.