Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

03 350z Touring Bose System with aftermarket headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
zer0cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 350z Touring Bose System with aftermarket headunit?

hey whats up guys? i did my research and read that the bose system in the touring models operate at 2 ohms and all if not most aftermarket headunits/double dins operate at 4 ohms which would lower the quality of the speakers.. my question is..

1) is there a wire where you can integrate the aftermarket headunit to work with the 2ohms or whatever the bose system operates at?

2) and is it true after installing a aftermarket headunit that the speakers dont randomly go out, become muffled, or one side not working and the other ones does when you hit bumps and brake sometimes?? lol

any input will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
koren

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The quality of the speakers already very low, so you don't have to worry about lowering it. ))))))))))
1. To integrate aftermarket HU you need to buy PAC-ROEM NIS2 adapter (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ROEM-NIS2.html or anywhere else).
2. Yes it is!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
zer0cool

Originally Posted by koren
The quality of the speakers already very low, so you don't have to worry about lowering it. ))))))))))
1. To integrate aftermarket HU you need to buy PAC-ROEM NIS2 adapter (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ROEM-NIS2.html or anywhere else).
2. Yes it is!
hahaha you have to understand this is my first car that isnt a "90s" car all the cars ive had were mostly 240's and civics and stuff.. those speakers compared to this one makes this bose system sound amazing but to most of youguys poor hehehe thanks though for the info!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 AM
duro78

Dude dont waste anymore $ with that bose system put the coin towards after market. Bose is trash
Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting a two ohm load on your aftermarket amplifier designed for a minimum of a four ohm load will endanger your amplifier. The smaller load resistance will cause the amplifier to put twice the amount of current which can cause the output stage to overheat or just fry.

The Bose speakers are of the lowest possible quality so you really ought to look at replacing them as soon as possible. The labor involved to open the dash up is enough that you ought to at least run wires outwards and tape them up for future use if you can't just come up with the scratch to buy new speakers now. Every time I open the dash up I'm afraid I'm going to scratch something.

From the sounds of your post it sounds like you want to drive the speakers from your headend rather than drive the existing Bose amplifiers using the line level outputs of your new headend. If you want to do that you're going to have to do a couple hours worth of sorting and soldering to by-pass the Bose amplifiers right? Getting the right input to output with the correct phasing takes awhile. I did mine as my speakers were back ordered (two months!) and I'm more than a bit handy with 'trons and a soldering pencil.

Last edited by Paul350Z; 01-04-2010 at 06:01 AM.