Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help Finding Features

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Acumenessence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Finding Features

Greetings fellow 350z Gentlemen,

I'll preface this post by saying that I have searched and I haven't been able to adequately satisfy my curiosities on the first few pages of my searches.

I'm looking for a new receiver for my Z, and I have a list of features in mind that I want to make the unit I select has, while also making a purchase I won't regret. As such, I was hoping that some of you guys who know a lot about car audio products could steer me in the right way.

Features I definitely want:
Aux in or better yet direct iphone/ipod control
Double Din
Ability to play mp3 cds

I've had no trouble finding units that meet those criteria, the tricky part is the things I'd like to have, if I can find one unit that will do it all

Features I'd like to have :
Bluetooth hands free use of iphone
Bluetooth streaming of music from iphone
voice control

I've got nav and plan on keeping it, so navigation isn't a priority, nor is video playback. Of course audio quality, reliability, and ease of use are of great concern.

Price IS an issue, but, I'd rather wait until I can pay the money to get what I want than settle.

I know this thread is probably very similar to others that have been posted, and sorry about that, but I couldn't find anything that fit my bill exactly in the searches.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
NismoTreeFittyZ

After researching I decided on the Kenwood DDX714. Just do some research of your own..hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM
PrimeX

Nismo, how do you like your DDX714? Just curious as I'm having mine installed right now. I did have to buy cables to run the steering wheel controls, and of course the extras to run Sirius. I'm having my Beltronics Pro Red radar hard wired as well along with the new Viper alarm put in. Getting rid of that crappy head unit is a huge sigh of relief!