Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Cheaper 7" VGA touchscreen

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
zpylot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CopperZ
I can agree that you will need to get the 2003 one. Sorry, man i know how you feel. take everything apart just to find that it cant work.
I am back in business. I just stopped by my local Nissan dealer and asked about ordering the "Instrument Box" for a 2003 non-nav. There was no ordering necessary, they had it in stock. The part number is 68250-CD010 and the description is "LID-CLUSTER". It was $100.64 before tax. So now all I need it some really sticky double sided tape and some tie wraps and I am ready for my install.

Thanks copperz and genbo for your correspondance.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM
CopperZ

Originally posted by zpylot
I am back in business. I just stopped by my local Nissan dealer and asked about ordering the "Instrument Box" for a 2003 non-nav. There was no ordering necessary, they had it in stock. The part number is 68250-CD010 and the description is "LID-CLUSTER". It was $100.64 before tax. So now all I need it some really sticky double sided tape and some tie wraps and I am ready for my install.

Thanks copperz and genbo for your correspondance.
Zpylot, first of all im glad you found the compartment. But $100 that’s kinda expensive… well for me at least. (I would look for one on a junk yard) But anyway I heard the 2004 nav door is motorized I would rather get that one.

Another thing, don’t use double sided tape. 1) Tape will not hold it in when you are touching it and pushing it for the touch screen option. 2) When its cold outside the take will get cold also, and it becomes unstiky at all!!! I know this from experience. The screen is going to fall out. So what I did is I used a hot glue gun. Works great. Make sure you get it from all the sides and for any gaps fill it in with the glue. Works in hot and cold weather. Another thing, you know that piece of silver metal that comes with the 2003 nav door, its held on to the plastic with 2 screws. Well don’t take it off or don’t place the monitor above that metal piece. Otherwise the door will grind against the monitor and will not open and close like it is supposed to. There are 2 tracks on the door that you need let move freely.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:49 AM
CopperZ

Originally posted by genbo
Can you tell me the model number of the screen you bought and where you bought it from?

619GL-70NP, 618GL-70NP or ?

Not too sure what the differences are.

Looking to do the mod on my Z also. The Canadian dollar is up right now which makes it a great time to buy toys from the States.

regards, Perry
I got the 619gl-70np/c
I can get them for you for $300 w/touch screen and thats w/shiping.
Let me know.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:24 PM
zpylot

Originally posted by CopperZ
Another thing, don’t use double sided tape. 1) Tape will not hold it in when you are touching it and pushing it for the touch screen option. 2) When its cold outside the take will get cold also, and it becomes unstiky at all!!! I know this from experience. The screen is going to fall out. So what I did is I used a hot glue gun. Works great. Make sure you get it from all the sides and for any gaps fill it in with the glue. Works in hot and cold weather. Another thing, you know that piece of silver metal that comes with the 2003 nav door, its held on to the plastic with 2 screws. Well don’t take it off or don’t place the monitor above that metal piece. Otherwise the door will grind against the monitor and will not open and close like it is supposed to. There are 2 tracks on the door that you need let move freely.
The hot glue will not hurt the screen? What about the tie wraps? Should I still use those for extra support?

It looks like the metal bar could be used to hold the screen in place on top. So if I keep the screen only as high as the metal bar I should be ok? What is that metal bar for? I was thinking support but the four screws that hold the box to the console should provide that support.

The Xenarc is mounted to it's front plate by four metal lazy 'S' brackets. I am thinking I can use those in the same manner by making them 'L' brackets and screwing into the sides. I will know more once I get home and put the screen in place.

Thanks for your great suggestions. I am excited again about this project.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:23 PM
CopperZ

The hot glue will not hurt the screen? What about the tie wraps? Should I still use those for extra support?

It looks like the metal bar could be used to hold the screen in place on top. So if I keep the screen only as high as the metal bar I should be ok? What is that metal bar for? I was thinking support but the four screws that hold the box to the console should provide that support.

The Xenarc is mounted to it's front plate by four metal lazy 'S' brackets. I am thinking I can use those in the same manner by making them 'L' brackets and screwing into the sides. I will know more once I get home and put the screen in place.

Thanks for your great suggestions. I am excited again about this project.
Hot glue wont hurt the screen but don’t put it on the actual screen. The glue won’t hurt any of the internal components. Just I don’t see how tie wraps will hold the screen but you don’t even really need them for the wires. I don’t know what that metal bar is for… but make sure the door slides easily before you glue it together. Mine is grinding on the door so it wont go up or down unless I lift the door up little. I cant fix that unless I take everything apart which I wont do.

The lilliput also had the S brackets but and I thought about incorporating them, but I just ended up gluing the whole thinks together.
Attached Thumbnails Cheaper 7" VGA touchscreen-p1280009.jpg  
Old 01-31-2004, 04:24 AM
derek_i

CopperZ

I'd be interested in some info on where to get a Lilliput screen. Can you post some details?

Thanks,
-D
Old 01-31-2004, 07:28 AM
CopperZ

Originally posted by derek_i
CopperZ

I'd be interested in some info on where to get a Lilliput screen. Can you post some details?

Thanks,
-D

I have a guy.... Just e-mail me if you want it. asetov@yahoo.com
Old 02-04-2004, 07:08 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What about this one? Comes in Black and is a newer model it seems, think it has two Video inputs instead of one, check it out.

PRODUCT CODE : 619GL-70NP/C
BRAND NAME : Lilliput
NAME : New Portable Slim 7" VGA / PC / AV / USB TFT LCD Monitor with USB Touch Screen Function
SPECIFICATION : FEATURES

New model 7color=#33ccff>" TFT LCD VGA Monitor
stylist
with USB Touch Screen function; slim size; crystal clear texts and
ultra-sharp images

High Resolution
1024 x 768

VGA port connect
to PC and laptops directly

High View angle

Dual inport
ports AV1 and AV2 and buildin audio speaker

Selection of
Chinese or English

16 : 9 and 4
: 3 switchable

Functional menu
and Full remote control

Low power consumption
and X-ray radiation free

The A/V plug
may be used to fit the signal cable when is connected to the camera,
car VCD/DVD or video tape recorder

JACK

Audio and Video
ports

EarPhone Jack

DC Input 12V

ACCESSORIES

Full Function
Remote Controller

A/V input cables

VGA cables

DC12V AC adapter
(Input 100-240VAC)

Automotive
Bracket for easy installation and stand

English Operation
Manual

MAIN
CHARACTERISTICS

Display Method
TFT (Active Matrix System) to get clear and wide angle image

TFT Screen Size
7 inch (Diagonal Length); (155 x 90)mm

11-13V DC input
Voltage

High Resolution
1024 x 768

Contrast 200
: 1

Brightness 400
nits

High View angle
U45 degree; Down 60 degress; L/R 65 degree

18 bit digital
RGB(CMOS)

Maximun Audio
power 100mw

Power less than
8W

Overall dimension
188 x 125 x 33(mm)

Auto switch
PAL andNTSC at AV mode

Note:

This
item can be connected to PS2, Xbox or digital camera with RCA A/V
port.

Three pin standard
power socket are available to UK; other country is 2 pins.

Item can be
connected to any PC if A/V ports are available.

Every items
will be tested and checked before ship.

All items
and support are from Hong Kong.

ORIGNAL : USD 325.00
SPECIAL : USD 299.00
Old 02-04-2004, 12:11 PM
CopperZ

Originally posted by gringott
What about this one? Comes in Black and is a newer model it seems, think it has two Video inputs instead of one, check it out.

PRODUCT CODE : 619GL-70NP/C
BRAND NAME : Lilliput
NAME : New Portable Slim 7" VGA / PC / AV / USB TFT LCD Monitor with USB Touch Screen Function
SPECIFICATION : FEATURES

ORIGNAL : USD 325.00
SPECIAL : USD 299.00
Thats what i have.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:03 PM
NY 350Z

i have an 04' non nav. i noticed that lipitum monitor has a little bump at the bottom...do you think if i jsut remove that little door the screen will fit in? even with that bump?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:06 PM
gringott

Default I'll let you know

Mine will be here in a few days.

Originally posted by NY 350Z
i have an 04' non nav. i noticed that lipitum monitor has a little bump at the bottom...do you think if i jsut remove that little door the screen will fit in? even with that bump?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
basam350z

I'm thinking of putting in a screen and I also have an 04. Has anyone went to Nissan and bought the 04 motorized nav case and put in a screen?

Pics would be nice.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Abomination

04's nav case is motorized?!? damn, guess I gotta have one lol
Old 02-20-2004, 07:00 AM
gringott

Default I just got my Lilliput

And I don't think there is any way you can fit it in the box without removing the whole bezel from the monitor. It would not be enough to remove the bump in my opinion. I eyeballed it against my 2003 non nav. Looks like I will try to get it deep in the box and remount the switches like the nav switches are mounted. Worth a try.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:57 AM
JimRHIT

Maybe a dumb question ... but how long is the included USB cable for the touchscreen?? I would want to make sure it reached the compartment behind the seat.

CopperZ ... please some pix of the monitor on and installed .

jim
Old 02-20-2004, 08:21 AM
SZ350

hey copper z, where in IL do you live? wouldnt mind checkin out your set up, sounds like a really nice screen
Old 02-20-2004, 10:51 AM
gringott

Im curious too = going to Chicago near future my hometown Kentucky now.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:35 PM
speed350

Im thinking about an install of such. Problem what do I buy? Can someone please post up some shopping lists so I can get the party started. I want a computer with case or without but if it is without then where does this go, a dvd rom, hard drive, gps unit, software prefer something with a 3d eagle eye veiw, monitor has to go in the compartment with the door;so what did you buy to make custom holders. And of course the lilli monitor is a must. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Abomination

speed350, it depends on what you want - if your doing basic music/mp3/dvd then a epia motherboard would be best, its basicly an all in one for fairly cheap and its tiny. As far as the computer case, just make one from scratch its not that hard look at www.mp3car.com for good ideas/shopping lists
Old 02-21-2004, 01:23 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished with a farenheight 7001 and xbox into a 2004 with the 2003 instrument box as noted above.. There are some things to note:

1. The instrument box cost me $92 before tax at my local nissan dealer..So YMMV when it comes to price. The box screws in and fits well in the back. It's an easy replacement.

2. The cover is a different color and texture than the 2004. It's a slightly lighter gray and has more of a gold tone.. The 2004 is more a dark charcoal gray with a rubbery feel.. For those of you that care, it will look different in your dash. It's not an issue for me because I'm keeping my lid open.

3. ...and that brings up another point.. The lid does not close.. The little "catch mechanism" is slightly further back on the 2004 so there is no way to keep it down. You might be able to swap the doors only between the units but I'm not smart enough and don't care.

4. The 2004 trim piece in front of the "lid cluster" fits back in perfect BUT it cannot be screwed down anymore.. It looks like the location of the hole changed in 2004.

5. You will want to cut the rubber mat (front part only) and put it back in because in 2004, the rubber mat covers the front trim piece and it looks rather "unfinished" without it..

You can probably eliminate problem in #3, #4, #5 if you also get the front lip trim piece from a 2003 ... Does anyone know the part number?

--mike

Last edited by leemik; 02-21-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Cheaper 7" VGA touchscreen