Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Base Model Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:35 AM
TheBigShow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Base Model Setup

i'm just curious what my car has now, so i can shop around and get the right sizes to replace them with. i figured someone could answer rather quickly, instead of takin it apart and findin out myself. it's just a base with no audio options. thanks, guys.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:53 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Here's my setup on my base model.
Attached Thumbnails Base Model Setup-imgp1343.jpg  
Old 10-23-2003, 08:55 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Here is my 12" HX2 subs in a custom fiberglass enclosure in my tire well.

Also here is the link of all my other equipment
Attached Thumbnails Base Model Setup-imgp1439.jpg  
Old 10-23-2003, 09:00 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Oops, sorry here is the link,

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=39183
Attached Thumbnails Base Model Setup-imgp1437.jpg  
Old 10-23-2003, 09:08 AM
TheBigShow

that's cool, but i think u guys misunderstood. i was wonderin what size speakers r in the car from the factory. like there's an 8" sub behind the driver, right? what else is there? looks like a 1" high at the corner of the doors, and mayb a 5 1/2" at the bottom of the doors. the ones behind the head rest r 5 1/2", too? i'm just lookin for the specs so i know what to buy, because i plan on replacin the factory speakers.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:21 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by TheBigShow
that's cool, but i think u guys misunderstood. i was wonderin what size speakers r in the car from the factory. like there's an 8" sub behind the driver, right? what else is there? looks like a 1" high at the corner of the doors, and mayb a 5 1/2" at the bottom of the doors. the ones behind the head rest r 5 1/2", too? i'm just lookin for the specs so i know what to buy, because i plan on replacin the factory speakers.
you can fit 6.5's in the door and behind the seats.

the 8 inch sub is correct, the 1 inch tweeter is correct as well.

i'd post pictures of mine...but it's just going to be redone in a few weeks when my car goes into the stereo shop for the winter!!

check the signature for the new good being put in (still deciding if i should put in a 5.1 surround processor...but, i'm leaning towards no. i'm surviving without it! )
Old 10-23-2003, 09:23 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

10" stock (very crappy) Bose sub...Base model should have the mounting plate, but no sub. If you want you can purchase a Bose subwoofer cover for about $20.

The factory front speakers are 6.5" Bose, with very shallow mounts. If you want to use anything aftermarket, you will need to use 3/4 to 1" spacers to mount the speaker due to depth requirements. This is not difficult at all and some companies like Scosche and Metra make spacer rings. The stock tweeters are 3/4" (i think, but you can easily fit 1" tweets there with some slight modifications to the pillar bracket.

The rears are 6.5" as well...and there is really no depth limitations there...

I hope this helps...I have some posts here showing the detials of how to make a fiberglass enclosure, and alot of pics of my install.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:24 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

one more thing, where in South/Central PA are you...we will have to meet sometime...I am halfway between Harrisburg and York.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
dchi_t

errr? i have a base model, where is the sub mount...i am quite lost here, i the only place i can think of is behind the drivers seat? i kno behind the passenger's is the glove, am i correct? and how do u access the "sub mount" i sure would like to change my current speaker setups, thx
Old 10-23-2003, 09:32 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by dchi_t
errr? i have a base model, where is the sub mount...i am quite lost here, i the only place i can think of is behind the drivers seat? i kno behind the passenger's is the glove, am i correct? and how do u access the "sub mount" i sure would like to change my current speaker setups, thx
you can just pull off the face plate.

and, oops....i was wrong.....it is a 10 inch. i wasn't thinking.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:06 AM
TheBigShow

Originally posted by onecoolee
one more thing, where in South/Central PA are you...we will have to meet sometime...I am halfway between Harrisburg and York.
that's cool; u should b off of 83 then. i live in abbottstown and work in gettysburg, but i am usually in hanover hangin out.

with the bose u get a 10" sub, but i don't have the bose system. is the base sub 8 or 10? i'm not arguin; just askin. i'm lookin for something to diy, and i think i could handle most of this. just need spacers for the side 6 1/2's. would u guys recommend an amp for the new highs and mids?
Old 10-23-2003, 12:25 PM
TheBigShow

would i see much difference by just swappin speakers? eventually i can see myself gettin a non-fadin pre-amp so i would see more gains with that, but what do u think i could get now? to amp or not to amp; hmmmm.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
eddieclayton

Hey some of you guys live close to me, I live in Hanover and work in York. Have a Silverstone Base model.....never did finish my stereo install either.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:31 PM
TheBigShow

i saw what looked like a silverstone cruise down the mile a couple months back. haven't seen it since though. coulda been u.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:32 PM
djkern
Banned

would i see much difference by just swappin speakers? eventually i can see myself gettin a non-fadin pre-amp so i would see more gains with that, but what do u think i could get now? to amp or not to amp; hmmmm.
yeah, and if you want....i'll sell you my two sets of infinity kappa 63.51 speakers. they were installed like 2 months ago...maybe a big more. i installed them and took them out since i wanted to wait till i got my headunit (they were in for about a day when i initially installed them).

but, they sounds great. nothing at all wrong with them.

i have all the paperwork and boxes as well. let me know if you are interested. PM me or email me at davidjkern@aol.com

(i'm taking them out in the next 2 or 3 weeks when i take the car off the road and get the new project started!)
Old 10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
TheBigShow

nah, i'm one fo those **** foos who buys everything new. u know what's sad; i don't even know if my car has a sub. can someone tell me? that is bad. thanks.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:53 PM
TheBigShow

i assume just about anything can fit in the stock position behind the head-rests. but what about in the doors. r 4-ways the way to go, and will they fit?
Old 10-23-2003, 12:58 PM
djkern
Banned

nah, i'm one fo those **** foos who buys everything new. u know what's sad; i don't even know if my car has a sub. can someone tell me? that is bad. thanks.
no sub on the base models.

yeah, i like everything new as well.

i'll just have to post these in my own thread.

also....what are 4-way speakers??? i've heard of 3 way...but those are typically 3 different speakers (the ones i'm getting are 3 way...6.5 inch, 5.75 inch and 1 inch tweeter). i've never heard of 4-way....unless i know them by another name.

the infinity speakers i have claim they are 3-way.....but not "real" 3-way speakers.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:15 PM
TheBigShow

4-ways, i believe, have a woofer, a mid, a tweeter, then an ultra-tweeter. i guess it would just give u more of the sound spectrum. who knows though.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:16 PM
eddieclayton

i saw what looked like a silverstone cruise down the mile a couple months back. haven't seen it since though. coulda been u.
It's very possible that it was me. If you have seen a Pikes Peak White Z driving around, chances are it is my brother's. After driving my Z he had to get one.

Quick Reply: Base Model Setup