Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2004 Bose Roadster Stereo observations

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 07:32 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 Bose Roadster Stereo observations

Well, I have been living with the 2004 Roadster bose stereo for a couple of hundred miles now. Here are my observations.

It seems to have good power. It can go much louder than I would ever listen to it.

Strangely, despite the apparently adequate power, it just doesn't sound right.

Some of the highs are good. I hear some femal vocals OK, ...sometimes.

And SOME bass notes are powerfull.

But the frequency response sounds like it has HUGE holes in it. Some bass notes are WAY louder compared to other notes that are not too far away. It's almost like the stereo can be loo loud AND too quiet at the same time.

All I did to my Durango is upgrade the door speakers and it totally blows the Blose away.

This is very bad news for me. I was hoping to "learn to live with the Bose". The way it sounds to me now I don't think I can lower my expectations THAT far.

This is going to cost me a lot of money since there is no good way to upgrade the Bose. From what I have heard you pretty much need to yank it all and replace it.

I have said it before, but I will repeat it now... Curse Blose and their crappy PROPRIETARY systems. Curse them all to hell!!! To hellllllll!!!!!!! Damn dirty apes!!!!!!

I wonder if I can at least re-use the stock wiring, or did they use 63 gauge wire or something? (note non-standard bose wire size)

Damn damn damn
Old 10-24-2003, 07:49 AM
mofoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, i had a bose system in my explorer and it rocked. to bad. i got a track so no blose for me anyways. so much for top of the line speaker setups like many thought
Old 10-24-2003, 11:35 AM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Default Re: 2004 Bose Roadster Stereo observations

I have said it before, but I will repeat it now... Curse Blose and their crappy PROPRIETARY systems. Curse them all to hell!!! To hellllllll!!!!!!! Damn dirty apes!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Wedge

Sorry to hear about your '04 Bose. I just finished the battle concerning the '03 Bose and the amp replacement. Many people say they like the '04, just as many don't like it.

I believe you have a selection that I do not have on the '03. The ability to turn the audio pilot either on or off. I think it is one of the selections along with the bass, treble, balance and fade. Is your audio pilot on or off? If it is on, try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

Nice Charlton Heston impression! I believe he was talking to his human ancestors when he said that........once he discovered they had destroyed the world with a nuclear war. DAMN DIRTY HUMANS!!!

Good Luck!
Old 10-24-2003, 03:54 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Audio Pilot

Originally posted by Wedge
Sorry to hear about your '04 Bose. I just finished the battle concerning the '03 Bose and the amp replacement. Many people say they like the '04, just as many don't like it.

I believe you have a selection that I do not have on the '03. The ability to turn the audio pilot either on or off. I think it is one of the selections along with the bass, treble, balance and fade. Is your audio pilot on or off? If it is on, try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

Nice Charlton Heston impression! I believe he was talking to his human ancestors when he said that........once he discovered they had destroyed the world with a nuclear war. DAMN DIRTY HUMANS!!!

Good Luck!

Yup. I can turn off the audio pilot. However, now that they have "re-tuned" the audio pilot it mostly raises and lwoers the volume a little bit to compete with outside noise. It doesn't really make too much difference turning it off.

As for Chuck Heston... Yeah, I was sort of mixing up two different quotes. Somehow the Blose engineers seem more like apes than humans to me at this point. Any human with functioning ears would not have let this stereo out of R&D.