Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the wire comes with the headunit?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Darkager

Your camera will come with two wires. One you tap into your brake light line, the other you run up the length of your car and plug into your head unit. This is a male RCA cable usually. This particular head unit has a female RCA jack that is dedicated and labeled for the rear-view/backup camera.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

Cool thanks man.

I only asked because I don't have the camera yet and I don't know when or if I will get one.

I just want to make it easy to install if I ever decide to get a camera.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

next I think I'll replace the door speakers as well as the 2 speakers behind the headrest. There the Bose speakers and they sound like crap hahaha.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

Sorry one last thing. Where did you guys mount your navi antenna? I don't want to put it outside of the car.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Darkager

No problem. I'll post pictures of how/where I mounted the mic and the navi antenna. Both were pretty easy. The mic was a little less clean than I would have hoped, but nothing is visible. It just doesn't with well with me being nitpicky about having it perfect heh.

As for the navi antenna, with the waterfall panel all pulled off, I stuck the smaller end through the vent right under the windshield and pulled it through a few holes behind the panel and ran it down the side of the waterfall panel, then threaded it back into the enclosure behind the head unit. I'm sorry, I know that's very confusing. I don't have any pictures of the stuff behind the waterfall panel, so I'll see if I can find some on here to use an example when I have some free time at home.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

I was reading another thread on here and some guy put a PAC ROEM-NIS2 on.

Am I going to need that too?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Darkager

No, you shouldn't use that. I didn't need one, but I also don't have a Bose system, either. You do need a wiring harness, just not that one specifically.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Cool Thanks. Mine is Bose

This is what I have:

DASH KIT - METRA 99-7402
METRA 70-7551 and Scosche NN03B (Scosche NN03B just in case)
METRA AK8 8 GUAGE AMPLIFIER AMP KIT w RCA CABLES +FR
iPod to Pioneer AV+USB CD-IU230V

Am I missing anything?

so I wont need the pac?

Thanks man I owe you lol
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Darkager

I can't say for sure if you need the PAC or not with the Bose system. I wouldn't think so, but like I said, I can't say for sure. I'm pretty sure you need the aftermarket antenna adapter. I don't have the product/model numebr for that, so I would say to search the forums for it.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

I hooked it all up with the help of one of my friends what was a manager at circuit city car auto installation. It took us a long time because of all the stuff I had but it turned out great. I also bypassed the thing that turns off the DVD player if the e brake is down. So now I can drive and watch dvd's / input new destinations for the navi.

I didn't need to get the PAC thing.

DASH KIT - METRA 99-7402

above was all I needed.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BJJ Gi Choke
I hooked it all up with the help of one of my friends what was a manager at circuit city car auto installation. It took us a long time because of all the stuff I had but it turned out great. I also bypassed the thing that turns off the DVD player if the e brake is down. So now I can drive and watch dvd's / input new destinations for the navi.

I didn't need to get the PAC thing.

DASH KIT - METRA 99-7402

above was all I needed.

Thanks everyone!!!

Tell me how does it sound? I have the bose as well and i keep hearing people say it sounds worse than stock when not changing out the bose speakers? My original plan was to just get the headunit nothing else .. Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Well I've only had it for less than 24 hours but it sounds good to me. The only thing I can't understand is that when I have the volume turned all the way up to 62 it's not that loud. I mean it's loud, but all the way up should be so freaking slamming.

I think my iPod it self is turned down. I'll have to check.

But anyway I think the stock speakers are fine. It's a lot of work to switch them out. Just adjust your amp and it will sound fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Like I said I also did the bypass for the DVD player. Its cool, I have lots of concerts on DVD and now I can play them while driving.

I still don't know if I'll get a back up camera. People can steel the license plate frame way to easy.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BJJ Gi Choke
Well I've only had it for less than 24 hours but it sounds good to me. The only thing I can't understand is that when I have the volume turned all the way up to 62 it's not that loud. I mean it's loud, but all the way up should be so freaking slamming.

I think my iPod it self is turned down. I'll have to check.

But anyway I think the stock speakers are fine. It's a lot of work to switch them out. Just adjust your amp and it will sound fine.
Thanks for your imput ..... On wednesday im thinking about getting it installed... Only thing 6 Ave electronics" the installer" is charging me $300 for installation which still has me thinking
Old 03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Darkager

Exactly why I did it myself :P

I have a hard time trusting other people I don't know to do a specific service and do it right/clean, anyway...

Now I know exactly what is going on behind my head unit, where everything is, where the lines are run for the GPS and BlueTooth microphone.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
HiHo_Silver350

I got mine installed too last week and i love it! thanks again for all the great info. if you don't mind me asking... how much did you guys pay to bypass the video?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
HiHo_Silver350

oh nevermind... i guess it's a DIY... seems simple
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HiHo_Silver350
I got mine installed too last week and i love it! thanks again for all the great info. if you don't mind me asking... how much did you guys pay to bypass the video?
If the Pioneer is like the Kenwood (which I think it is), you just ground the parking wire coming out the harness. It's green on the Kenwood.
I paid nuthin'.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Darkager

There is a hardware and a software method. I attempted the hardware bypass, but did it hastily and did it based on old, out-dated information. I have to move the pin two spaces over for the hardware bypass to work properly, but didn't want to take everything apart to do it, so I just did the software bypass.

Both are pretty simple. If your unit is NOT installed yet, the hardware bypass is easier. If your unit IS installed, I find the software bypass easier. If you're interested in the details, send me a PM and I can give you a pretty basic walk-through. I spent a while searching on avic411.com, but they're a bunch of ********* over there and any time anyone asks, they say "use the search, it has already been posted" so when you DO search (I always search before posting, so I didn't have to ask, but the search was just annoying), you have to filter through everyone bitching about it already being posted.

To do the software bypass, you need an SD card, as well as a capable method to read/add contents to/from the SD card on your personal computer. If you have that at your disposal, you can do the software bypass. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too expensive to purchase them.

Quick Reply: PIONEER AVIC-X910BTwiring harness