Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

PIONEER AVIC-X910BTwiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIONEER AVIC-X910BTwiring harness

I've got a 2003 touring with Bose.

I just bought a NEW PIONEER AVIC-X910BT off eBay for a good price.

Anyone know what wiring harness I'll need and where to get it?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
beaufb

maybe crutchfield.com or scosche-cars.com
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Metra 70-7551. This one has RCA outputs. 'swat I used.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

Cool man I'll look that up. Thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
Metra 70-7551. This one has RCA outputs. 'swat I used.
Cool and thats for the bose system?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

OK so here's what I just picked up:

DASH KIT - METRA 99-7402
METRA 70-7551 and Scosche NN03B (Scosche NN03B just in case)
METRA AK8 8 GUAGE AMPLIFIER AMP KIT w RCA CABLES +FR
iPod to Pioneer AV+USB CD-IU230V

Am I missing anything?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by BJJ Gi Choke
Cool and thats for the bose system?
Yup!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
HiHo_Silver350

i'm about to buy the same things except mine is a 06 350z Non-Bose. Did you install everything? Any issues? would like to hear some feedback thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by HiHo_Silver350
i'm about to buy the same things except mine is a 06 350z Non-Bose. Did you install everything? Any issues? would like to hear some feedback thanks!
You'd need the Metra 70-7550. Unless you intend on adding an aftermarket amp and speakers. The 7550 doesn't have the RCA inputs. Since the non-Bose doesn't have an amp, then the RCAs aren't needed.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 PM
HiHo_Silver350

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
You'd need the Metra 70-7550. Unless you intend on adding an aftermarket amp and speakers. The 7550 doesn't have the RCA inputs. Since the non-Bose doesn't have an amp, then the RCAs aren't needed.
Thanks treefiddy.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by HiHo_Silver350
Thanks treefiddy.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Darkager

Just a note, I have this and have everything wired, but waiting on the factory mounting brackets to be delivered (previous owner installed a single-din deck and tossed the factory mounting brackets *facepalm*). It's pretty easy to install, but if you have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, the unit likely WON'T recognize your iPod. Just a heads up incase you have one like me
I'm stuck with the Aux input until I can attempt to downgrade firmware to test if that fixes the problem...
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM
HiHo_Silver350

Originally Posted by Darkager
Just a note, I have this and have everything wired, but waiting on the factory mounting brackets to be delivered (previous owner installed a single-din deck and tossed the factory mounting brackets *facepalm*). It's pretty easy to install, but if you have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, the unit likely WON'T recognize your iPod. Just a heads up incase you have one like me
I'm stuck with the Aux input until I can attempt to downgrade firmware to test if that fixes the problem...
Will it at least charge the iPod? I want it to at least charge my iphone since I have an older ipod video for my music.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Darkager

For mine, it does.
I spent a lot of time trying to find a solution and have talked to 3 different pioneer customer service reps (2 were helpful, one was dismissive and wasn't helpful at all), as well as 2 apple customer service reps.

2 of the Pioneer reps said that in their notes, it shows that the iPod Touch 3rd Generation works with the 3.1.2 and below firmware. Recently, Apple has released the 3.1.3 firmware and I've been scrambling to find a way to downgrade firmware. I think I've found a way that works, but it's a little bit of work and I'm hesitant to try it just yet. I'll let you know if that fixes my compatability issue, though. If not, I'm stuck with the Aux controls until Pioneer updates their firmware on the x910 device.

From what I got out of the Pioneer reps, they do pass the feedback on to the development team and since the unit was released only in 2009, they still support and upate it. So, I don't see any reason they won't eventually update the firmware to support the new iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I believe the last x910 firmware update was in Feb, so it wasn't too long ago.

As for the iPod Touch 3rd Gen, according to the Apple reps, they did some semi-significant hardware changes for the 3rd Gen iPod Touch, so that's probably the stopping point for the compatability.

Either way, I'm hoping that sometime next week I'll be able to downgrade the iPod firmware to 3.1.2 and give it a shot. Hope I don't break it :\ If that doesn't work, I'll try 3.1.1. Again, I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Good thing you guys brought up the problem with iPod. I'm going to wait and see what you guys do before I buy another iPod.

Also I haven't installed the system yet. I'm waiting on a sub box to show up in the mail. I'll let you guys know how it sounds.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
RetchedOne

Originally Posted by Darkager
Oh crap...

what do you mean waiting for factory brackets...
The previous owner installed a single DIN in my 05... and i just bought the Pioneer 4200... and the metra kit...
Is there a factory bracket I may be missing???
Old 03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Darkager

Originally Posted by RetchedOne
Oh crap...

what do you mean waiting for factory brackets...
The previous owner installed a single DIN in my 05... and i just bought the Pioneer 4200... and the metra kit...
Is there a factory bracket I may be missing???
These are the factory mounting brackets I'm talking about:
http://208.109.166.78/avicd3/DVD019.jpg
and
http://208.109.166.78/avicd3/DVD021.jpg

Since person who owned my 05 before me tossed these mounting brackets, the x910 doesn't have any way to be supported without them. With the single-din deck, it has the pocket that it can sit ontop of for support, but the double-din decks don't have anything to rest on and be appropriately supported. I'm sure if you wanted to jerry-rig it, you could figure something out, but I refuse to do that, especially after seeing the crap my previous owner did...

Originally Posted by BJJ Gi Choke
Good thing you guys brought up the problem with iPod. I'm going to wait and see what you guys do before I buy another iPod.

Also I haven't installed the system yet. I'm waiting on a sub box to show up in the mail. I'll let you guys know how it sounds.
No problem. Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated and if my firmware downgrade on my iPod fixes the problem, I'll post very detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do the same. If it doesn't work, I might see if I can find someone with a 32gb 2nd Gen to trade with... Hope it doesn't come to that, though. Not sure how long, if at all, it will take for Pioneer to update their firmware to include proper support.
You guys could help the situation along and call the Pioneer customer service line and mention the same problem. I can give you the number and the name of the guy to ask for (the most helpful of the three that I spoke with). He said to call and ask for him if I have any other issues with the product, which was something I've never EVER heard a telephone-based customer service rep do...

Last edited by Darkager; 03-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Darkager

As for downgrading my iPod Touch 3G to firmware version 3.1.2, I was unsuccessful.

The thing is, that version is popular to jailbreak, so in short, Apple stopped signing the certificates used to verify that version when attempting to store it. Since the restoration process checks back with Apple to verify the version, integrity, etc... of the restore, there is only one way around this, but if you've never attempted to jailbreak your phone or iPod before, then it won't work.

Basically, there is a third-party server that caches your iPod's SHSH (basically, think of it as a security code for your specific iPod hardware running a specific firmware version. It changes for every firmware version, but is generated each time based on a chip in your iPod or iPhone). This third-party server is used commonly within the jailbreaking community, which I never had the desire to do, so I didn't have mine cached for version 3.1.2. This means I won't be able to downgrade firmware versions to test it out on the x910 head unit

The only other exception is that the 8GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen seems to have the capability to downgrade, but ONLY that size and ONLY using a rather specific and intricate method. I don't know why. :\

Anyone else have any luck using a 32gb or 64gb iPod Touch 3rd Gen running 3.1.2 firmware? I know that's a rather specific combination to come across randomly in a forum not oriented around iPods lol...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

I also want to plug in a wire for a rear view camera. I don't have the camera but if I do get one I would like the have the wire there so I don't have to disassemble the dash again. Just trying to think ahead.

Does anyone know what the name of the wire is for the back up camera? Thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Darkager

The wire for the back up camera is actually labeled very clearly on the part that plugs into the AVIC device. it's a brown wire with an RCA type connection at the end. It doesn't plug into the wiring harness that you hook up to the car, as it goes directly into the AVIC device.

Quick Reply: PIONEER AVIC-X910BTwiring harness