Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

PIONEER AVIC-X910BTwiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Darkager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
If the Pioneer is like the Kenwood (which I think it is), you just ground the parking wire coming out the harness. It's green on the Kenwood.
I paid nuthin'.
Unfortunately, the hardware bypass is slightly more complicated on the Pioneer AVIC devices. SLIGHTLY. You still ground the wire, but you also have to switch a pin location in the wiring harness and ground the mute wire with the brake wire. I just spliced the two together, ran an extended line to ground the two to a screw underneath the AC interface.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:00 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkager
Unfortunately, the hardware bypass is slightly more complicated on the Pioneer AVIC devices. SLIGHTLY. You still ground the wire, but you also have to switch a pin location in the wiring harness and ground the mute wire with the brake wire. I just spliced the two together, ran an extended line to ground the two to a screw underneath the AC interface.
Kinda cracks me up that they do that anyway. My HU (DNX8120) is a dual-zone unit. So, if you have a van, you can set it up for a front and rear zone. If you have kids in back and set the unit up by their methods, then I assume that your rugrats in the back can't watch movies.

I like to play TV shows while I'm driving. I never watch them, I just listen.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Darkager

I know what you're talking about. I bring shows to work on my iPod and listen to them and every once in a while glance down to get an idea of the scene, but generally keep working and just listen.

I haven't really played any videos on my unit other than to test it, but I drive to Phoenix, AZ semi-often in the Z and it is a 3-3.5 hr drive each way, so if I'm driving with anyone, it will definitely keep them entertained.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
BJJ Gi Choke

So after a while I noticed that my system (other than subs) don't turn up that loud. I think its because of the stock Bose amp running the speakers.

I think I'll have to rewire the speakers because they are WAY too weak. While I'm at it I'll replace them with better ones.

Anyone have any advice on which speakers to choose to replace the stocks?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by BJJ Gi Choke
So after a while I noticed that my system (other than subs) don't turn up that loud. I think its because of the stock Bose amp running the speakers.

I think I'll have to rewire the speakers because they are WAY too weak. While I'm at it I'll replace them with better ones.

Anyone have any advice on which speakers to choose to replace the stocks?
Just curious. Did you connect the blue/white amp turn-on wire? You definitely won't get brain-splitting sound out of the speakers, but I always got plenty out of mine.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

^ I'll check, but even the dude that talks and tells you when to turn on the navi is so low volume that I can't even hear it on when I'm driving.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
HiHo_Silver350

must be your stock amp... cuz i have a non bose and the volume level can get pretty high
Old 04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
ATL_Red_G35

Well, I just bought the same thing.

I heard that you don't need the dask kit for the Double Din?

Also, did you have to use the nissan Antenna Adapter in order to use your Radio?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Darkager

I'm fairly confident you need an aftermarket antenna adapter. I didn't buy one because there was an aftermarket stereo in my car when I installed the AVIC device, which would mean that there is an aftermarket antenna adapter already in there. Anyone installing from stock stereo able to comment on this?

As for the dash kit, you likely don't NEED it, but I would STRONGLY suggest it because without it, the whole job would look like ****.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:46 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

You don't need an aftermarket antenna adapter. The 350 has the standard Motorola plug in it. The 370, on the other hand has to have an adapter.

I'd be willing to guess that you don't have the amp turn on wire connected. Without it, you basically have nothing driving your speakers.

Last edited by TreeFiddyZee; 04-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
BJJ Gi Choke

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
You don't need an aftermarket antenna adapter. The 350 has the standard Motorola plug in it. The 370, on the other hand has to have an adapter.

I'd be willing to guess that you don't have the amp turn on wire connected. Without it, you basically have nothing driving your speakers.
I mean its loud, it's just not loud enough at all.