Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

12v Power Adapter Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 10:05 AM
tk952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 12v Power Adapter Kit

Greetings all,

I have a simple question for you. I have the same issue all 2003 Z owners have, the world's most inconvenient place for the 12v power adapter.

I have looked online, but have not found a good kit to relocate/ add more power points.

I have a Gtimer GT2, a radar detector and a phone. I would like to be able to have all 3 hooked up if I want to. Plus, I want one of the outlets to remain on, even when the key is off.

In the magical land of narnia, I would also have a place to wire in a regular 120v power (normal plug socket, for my laptop, etc), but that can wait.

I have a 03 Performance (Red), so, no NAV or Blose.

Therefore, my question is simple, does anyone know where I can obtain such a kit?

Any help, or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

t.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:12 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no such thing to do all of what your asking.
Power socket will not stay on if key isn't cranked to 'ON' position (thats just how it's wired)
What you can do is buy a 2 way adapter for the power socket. Also get an extra socket replacement.
Take the socket replacement and mount that in the dash somewhere (under the cupholder on the passenger side comes to mind) You would have to cut a hole to mount it in the panel. Wire that up with an inline fuse and connect it to the battery (see the How-to section in this forum to run cable from the battery to the interior)
Now you have yourself an extra socket that is on all the time. You can use the 2 way adapter in any of the socket. Plug it into the stock on in the back and you get 2 outlet that's on when car is on and the front socket on all the time.
You can find these parts in Radio shack, walmart, circuit city, best buys, etc...
Old 11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
tk952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping somebody out there had a kit....

I am going to be tapping into the fuse box, and running a wire to the area behind the NAV door. (I don't have NAV), then I am going to put a 2way adapter in. That will take care of my GT2, and RD. The phone can use the one in the back.

t.