Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:38 AM
adamc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
You can remove the factory Bose deck and replace it with an aftermarket deck and you do NOT need a PAC adaptor. Just turn the speaker inputs of the harness adaptor to RCA's and thats that. You also need to turn the factory amplifier(s) on as well by using the blue wire on the harness. Cheap, effective and simple.
could you give me a bit more details on this man. id apreciateit...

im looking at 2 plugs from my understanding one of the plugs is noting bout power to the unit and maye something going to the amp ground ect.. the other connection seems to be the speakers.. the color codes on a '03 would be awsome information to have..

how what exatly by turning speaker imputs into rca's. also which blue wire.. i believe there are several there on the plug..

any help woudl be apreciated..
basicly i dont wanna fork out what ppl want for the factory .. as its ****.. and rite at this moment i cant shell out the loot for a full system.. but i can do a head unit only. and owudl love to just have a new head unit (nice one) hooked ot the bose speakers.. and amps... (for now)
later i plan on gutting the bose out and putting in a nice system..

tbh.. i wouldnt be messing with this at all if my head unit hadnt broke..

also any suggestions as to a goo dbrand model head unit would be apreciated
Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 PM
orgasm_donor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The outer shielding of the RCA is the negative (so this would hook up to any of the white, grey, green or purple wires with a black stripe. The centre 'core' is the positive. On the harness, the blue with white wire is the amplifier turn on - NOT the solid blue wire. blue and white goes to blue and white.

There is also a Metra or scosche wire harness for Nissans that come already with RCA's on them. They are usually labelled as 'premiium' or 'amplifier integration'. Most car stereo shops should be able to get this in for you.

Last edited by orgasm_donor; 06-19-2010 at 10:05 PM.