Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose TSB# NTB 03-87 really works!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Bose TSB# NTB 03-87 really works!

As evidenced in this excellent thread by Wedge, there is a recent TSB that covers most of the `03 Touring Bose systems. I finally got the upgraded amplifier installed last Thursday, and wow, I actually have a stereo now! The base and treble functions, which I used to have set at +5 & -2 respectively, can now be placed at 0,0 and it's listen-able! I can now turn the stereo up past 19 without having my ears bleed from the nasty treble. The rear view mirror rattles appropriately to M's Battery, and while not up to the standards of aftermarket systems in any way, I no longer feel jipped about my stereo.

I won't vent on my dealer too much, but I called in to the service manager, told him there were two bose TSBs, gave him the appropriate TSB number, and even the part number I expected to be installed (28060-CE400). I still got a call back the night I was supposed to pick it up that the TSB didn't apply (reading the wrong TSB again). After waiting (none too patiently) for the service manager to read back the right TSB to me and the applicable VIN range, he apologized and said it'd be done the next morning.

At any rate, it was worth it. The stereo works, the bass bumps (mostly... as much as that wimpy sub can do), and I'm a much happier camper. They're also ordering me a new set of front tires due to the nasty noise.

Total TSBs done to date: 4.[list=1][*]Left window grease streak[*]Feathering Tire Swap[*]Right Window Grease Streak[*]Bose TSB #2[/list=1]

They're also replacing my rear hatch struts as they no longer will lift the hatch up. And, at almost 11k miles, I'm finally getting a new set of tires and a 4 wheel alignment. Finally, almost done with all my little niggles!