Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Front speaker issue plz help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 AM
yahmeboys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front speaker issue plz help

I just recently bought the Infinity Kappa 60.9cs to replaced the oem speakers. when i try to install the speakers i found out the OEM speakers are shallow mount type speaker because the when the windows is rolled down it goes directly behind the speaker.

So when i put the infinity speaker in and roll the window down it hits the back of the speaker preventing the window to go all the way down
Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 AM
KPierson_

What do you need help with? You have two options (well three really, but one is a terrible idea).

1. return the speakers and find something that will fit

2. build out the speaker mounting location to give you enough depth. This can typically be done by making an MDF trim ring

3. notch the windows to clear the magnet (like I said, it is a terrible idea but it may work for you)

I do remember reading somewhere along time ago someone with a Z broke two separate windows trying to cut the corner off of them so they would clear magnets.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
yahmeboys

yeah am not going to cut the window. yeah i didnt ask my question lol but is it possible to build a mount for it to clear the window
Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
KPierson_

That is your best option (imo). Try to measure how far you need to build the speaker out to miss the window and then measure how much distance is in between the metal door and the door panel. Depending on how big the speaker is you may even have to build the door panel out a bit (or buy door pods).
Old 11-25-2010, 06:55 PM
cnp112

did you use the stock speaker brackets...i mean did you just rip out the OEM speaker from the bracket and drill your new speaker into the OEM brackets and then screw the OEM bracket into the original speaker location...i belive most people have not had much of an issue if they go the above route...

if you google "350z front speaker install" - the first link will explain it better...
Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by cnp112
did you use the stock speaker brackets...i mean did you just rip out the OEM speaker from the bracket and drill your new speaker into the OEM brackets and then screw the OEM bracket into the original speaker location...i belive most people have not had much of an issue if they go the above route...

if you google "350z front speaker install" - the first link will explain it better...
Yup, that's what I did. Just rip out the old cone and voice coil, cut the ribs, and use the remaining ring as a spacer. Use the screws from the new speaker to fasten the new speaker to the ring, use the original screws to fasten the ring back into the door. Double check the front of the new speakers, too, to make sure they'll fit behind the original speaker grill.