Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AI mounting kit...im stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:56 AM
cnp112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AI mounting kit...im stuck!

really hoping someone can help me out...i removed the stock radio panel and removed the radio...i am trying to attach the AI mounting kit to the new radio (avh-p4200dvd)...

how do i attach the front faceplate of the AI kit to the side brackets of the AI kit (the side brackets will screw into the aftermarket HU...but i dont know how to attach the side brackets of the kit, which will be attached to the new HU, to the faceplate of the kit)...

the instructions just say to attach the side brackets to the faceplate...but there are no screw holes or anything...please help...really want to get everything done by end of weekend...
Old 12-24-2010, 11:45 AM
NttnbutaZthang

i think they just clip together...
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
cnp112

Originally Posted by NttnbutaZthang
i think they just clip together...
but there is nothing on the faceplate for the side brackets to latch into...this kit doesnt seem to make sense...the faceplate will be screwed into the 350z front dash where the stock radio is but the side brackets (which will screw into the new radio) has nothing to screw or latch into...how is it going to stay in place...
Old 12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by cnp112
but there is nothing on the faceplate for the side brackets to latch into...this kit doesnt seem to make sense...the faceplate will be screwed into the 350z front dash where the stock radio is but the side brackets (which will screw into the new radio) has nothing to screw or latch into...how is it going to stay in place...
I'm not familiar with your kit, but if the front plate from the kit mounts to the backside of the center dash in the same place as the stock brackets, maybe you could just mount the stock plates to the side of the radio and "sandwich" the front plate between the stock brackets and the back of the center dash part.

My Metra kit used the stock brackets mounted to the side of my aftermarket radio, with a plastic spacer of sorts on each side.

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 12-25-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:53 PM
cnp112

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY

I'm not familiar with your kit, but if the front plate from the kit mounts to the backside of the center dash in the same place as the stock brackets, maybe you could just mount the stock plates to the side of the radio and "sandwich" the front plate between the stock brackets and the back of the center dash part.

My Metra kit used the stock brackets mounted to the side of my aftermarket radio, with a plastic spacer of sorts on each side.
thanks Z1...but it seems i can use the AI side brackets to mount the aftermarket HU into the car...then i just screw in the faceplate to the console finisher...and place the console finisher back into the car (with the HU already in)...as explained by sintaxeror...right after the 3rd picture in the third or fourth post...even looking at sintaxeror's other posts...by far the best how to details around...amazingly great job...

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-build...-no-56k-4.html
Old 12-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Glad you got it figured out. -I don't know how/why I put that pic in my reply. It had nothing to do with your question. (sorry about that)
Old 12-25-2010, 10:01 AM
oddjobbb

been trying to find the AI kit anyone know who carries it? thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
cnp112

Originally Posted by oddjobbb
been trying to find the AI kit anyone know who carries it? thanks
i bought mine from autoware302 on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OU:US:1123

it didnt say what brand it was but it ended up being the AI kit...