Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

IVA-w900bt help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:02 PM
mpact1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IVA-w900bt help

so I hooked up the w900 and everything I'm loving it but I need a little help with two of my issues.

1. I finally got around to connecting my reverse camera today. It's an Alpine KV-CM1.
red wire -tapped into an ACC
Black wire - grounded
Video- plugged into w900
I ran a wire from the + lead on my reverse light up to the w900 and connected it to the orange/white lead labeled (reverse)

I can press "source" and select the camera and it works fine but when I put my car in reverse, the camera does not activate. I verified that I'm tapped into my reverse light and it is getting 10.9vdc when I put my car in reverse. I verified that voltage at the reverse light and at the lead plugged into the w900. ANY SUGGESTIONS????

2. I'm able to make BT calls without any issues with my iphone4. I turned on BT Audio and attempted to stream music but the w900 says "no bt audio" at the bottom left corner. The music plays from my iphone speaker and when i make a call it stop the music and begins the call over the BT. I don't understand why BT works for calls but not through the BT audio.

When you are on a BT call, my phone gives me the option of changing between speaker phone, BT, or normal. When I play music from pandora or the standard iphone player, I dont have any option.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 AM
ITSJ^Y

1. Did you set the rear camera input to on? If not refer to page 54 of your owners manual

2. I do not believe that the iphone can do bt audio other than to a headset to make calls thats why you are able to make calls but not stream music

Last edited by ITSJ^Y; 03-27-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM
mpact1981

it's set to ON, like I said it works when I select it but it's not switching automatically when I put the car in reverse. I'll call alpine tomorrow if no one can give me some quick trouble shooting.

This guy linked his iphone to his head unit. It has to be possible with the w900 also. My phone pairs and everything phone call related works. But when I play music, just like the guy in this video does, the sound comes out of my phone speaker and I do not have the option for bluetooth output like I do when the phone is paired with a headset. At 6:00 he shows the bluetooth option on the audio output on the phone, which is not available on my phone for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJhZreVfrac

Last edited by mpact1981; 03-27-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Nismo#1554

I had the same problem with my INA-W900BT and rear view camera. I was using the Alpine HCE-C105 rear view camera and it wouldn't switch when in reverse. I checked and re checked my wiring and everything looked correct.

After a little more research I found the W900 is designed to work with the Alpine camera HCE-C107D which is powered by the head unit and doesn't use a power converter. So I used the camera wiring that came with the head unit as opposed to the wiring that came with the camera. As simple as that everything has worked correctly since then.

As for your bluetooth problem, I don't know. I have a crappy Sony phone and the bluetooth has never been a problem. It seems like it might be a sharing option on the phone itself since the calls come through correctly.

Wish I could be more help.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Nismo#1554

I had the same problem with my INA-W900BT and rear view camera. I was using the Alpine HCE-C105 rear view camera and it wouldn't switch when in reverse. I checked and re checked my wiring and everything looked correct.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-question.html

After a little more research I found the W900 is designed to work with the Alpine camera HCE-C107D which is powered by the head unit and doesn't use a power converter. So I used the camera wiring that came with the head unit as opposed to the wiring that came with the camera. As simple as that everything has worked correctly since then.

As for your bluetooth problem, I don't know. I have a crappy Sony phone and the bluetooth has never been a problem. It seems like it might be a sharing option on the phone itself since the calls come through correctly.

Wish I could be more help.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
mpact1981

Thanks man. Going to look into that this weekend. My power converter has a power, ground, and video wire. I'm a little confused on how else to run it?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
idkorcare

From what I read the radio or better yet the included BT module most likely doesnt support A2DP which is required to stream music. Also from what I read early version of the w900bt came with the higher end BT module and the newer ones dont.

KCE-400BT -- does A2DP(might have come with early models)
KCE-250BT -- doesnt (comes with current models)

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/category/accessories

In the video the guy is probably using the KCE-400BT add on, I think very few of the radios we carry now other than Sony support streaming BT out of the box
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Nismo#1554

^ That would make sense, I got My W900BT right when it came out. It came with the KCE-400BT and it has never had a bluetooth streaming problem.

Last edited by Nismo#1554; 03-30-2011 at 02:54 PM.