Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Replacing Factory Clarion Stereo w/Navigation ::

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 05:27 PM
bkusnir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Factory Clarion Stereo w/Navigation ::

I was all set to order a Clarion ProAudio DXZ735MP CD/MP3/WMA Receiver for my 2003 Nissan 350Z from crutchfield since they reduced the price by $80 and include free harness and mounting hardware to replace the stock Clarion stereo BUT the guy on the phone that I would lose my factory navigation system entirely if I were to do this, not just the voice but the video also. He is claiming that part of the navigation hardware is in the factory clarion radio. Is this true or BS? I could understand the harness causing a problem also. Anyone replaced theirs yet? Apparently there also aren't any instructions for installation available. If this is true, is there any way around this? I don't care if I lose the voice functionality of the Navi cuz I never use it anyway.

--Thanks!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:29 AM
swoobyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Replacing Factory Clarion Stereo w/Navigation ::

Originally posted by bkusnir
I was all set to order a Clarion ProAudio DXZ735MP CD/MP3/WMA Receiver for my 2003 Nissan 350Z from crutchfield since they reduced the price by $80 and include free harness and mounting hardware to replace the stock Clarion stereo BUT the guy on the phone that I would lose my factory navigation system entirely if I were to do this, not just the voice but the video also. He is claiming that part of the navigation hardware is in the factory clarion radio. Is this true or BS? I could understand the harness causing a problem also. Anyone replaced theirs yet? Apparently there also aren't any instructions for installation available. If this is true, is there any way around this? I don't care if I lose the voice functionality of the Navi cuz I never use it anyway.

--Thanks!
The dude is full of sheot.
You would only lose the voice.
There is no other integration between the factory nav and stereo.
Visit my site for more information:
http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/
Specifically:
http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/display.htm

Pv