Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Avic Z130 Bypass Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Cool_Gray_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avic Z130 Bypass Help

Hello fellow Z owners,

I completed the install of the my new Avic Z130 but had some issues with the bypass completion. I screwed up the area where the mute wire is located to complete the bypass. Is there another way to complete the bypass?
Thank You!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Cool_Gray_350Z

Anyone?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Cool_Gray_350Z

200+ views and no responses. Do any of you audio experts have a suggestion?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you follow the instructions on avic411.com:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/...30bt-bypassed?

its a different harness config than the z120bt, but the same principle applies

if you did exact that and it isnt working there are a few possibilities:

1. when you moved the pin over it didnt slide in correct so its not making a good connection. check the connection.

2. you didnt ground either this wire or the parking brake wire properly, in the Z, put both wires on a lead and then a spade terminal and physically ground it to a metal portion with in the dash area that measures ground with a test light or multimeter, i usually ground it to the metal mounting frame that the headunit and everyhting bolts into.

it has to be one of those two things if you performed the mod correctly.

b
Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Cool_Gray_350Z

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
did you follow the instructions on avic411.com:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/...30bt-bypassed?

its a different harness config than the z120bt, but the same principle applies

if you did exact that and it isnt working there are a few possibilities:

1. when you moved the pin over it didnt slide in correct so its not making a good connection. check the connection.

2. you didnt ground either this wire or the parking brake wire properly, in the Z, put both wires on a lead and then a spade terminal and physically ground it to a metal portion with in the dash area that measures ground with a test light or multimeter, i usually ground it to the metal mounting frame that the headunit and everyhting bolts into.

it has to be one of those two things if you performed the mod correctly.

b
Looks like I will be removing the unit this weekend and go at it.
Thank You for your suggestions. I hope I get this unit to finally do everything it is supposed to.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 AM
atrain858

i just installed mine in last week and followed the instuction on a you tube video on bypassing it. it took me no longer than 5 mins to complete the bypass. i dont know if you watched that video or not but if you didnt try watching it. all i did was remove the mute wire up one slot and connect the wires as they showed in the video and it worked great. the only problem i am having is with the radio. i got great reception when i had the stock indash in and with the alpine but now that i have this pioneer i aint getting reception for nothing. i dunno if it could be the short antenna that i had put on the car or if i miss connecting a wire in the harness or what. the antenna cable are all installed properly and everything. can anyone help me out with this issue?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Cool_Gray_350Z

Originally Posted by atrain858
i just installed mine in last week and followed the instuction on a you tube video on bypassing it. it took me no longer than 5 mins to complete the bypass. i dont know if you watched that video or not but if you didnt try watching it. all i did was remove the mute wire up one slot and connect the wires as they showed in the video and it worked great. the only problem i am having is with the radio. i got great reception when i had the stock indash in and with the alpine but now that i have this pioneer i aint getting reception for nothing. i dunno if it could be the short antenna that i had put on the car or if i miss connecting a wire in the harness or what. the antenna cable are all installed properly and everything. can anyone help me out with this issue?

Hey buddy, I just saw this post. I have yet to get to getting the wiring corrected but I will be doing it this weekend since I have some free time. I'm as well having issues with the radio, really poor reception, I also have a small antenna, did you get down to the bottom of that issue? I will see if maybe a missed something while putting everything together.
On another question related to the unit, which area did you tap in for the vehicle speed sensor? I have seen either #20 or #26 on the AC module.
Thank You!