Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Installed Pioneer MVH-P7300

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
BrainLeash69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Pioneer MVH-P7300

Installed Pioneer MVH-P7300. This is a all digital receiver, and I am using a 32GB SDHC memory card for the music. I tested the receiver to see if different cards would have varying affects on readability, transfer speeds, quality etc. All did fine and not any noticable difference other than initial startup to read format. So basically I now have a 32GB i-Pod.

Screen resolution is great, and being able to cusomize the lighting on both the screen and buttons allowed me to color match it to the OEM orange lighting the rest of the guages have so it is very unabtrusive when driving at night.

Also tested USB and front aux input. Both work flawlessly. I used a 5th gen iPod Nano for both. Also when using any of the sources you can go to the onscreen Lists feature which will display all file folders in order as they are displayed on your computer. So if you have tons of music you can make an endless amount of sub folders to quickly search for particular songs that way.

Old receiver: Pioneer DEH-7800MP

New receiver: Pioneer MVH-7300

Overall happy with the new receiver, although like many new receivers in the market these days, at any price or brand, no one really puts much emphasis on audio adjustment features so I do have to say the older HU was much more comprehensive and thorough in getting the most out of a fully upgraded stereo system. Looks wise this one IMO is more simple, almost all commands are onscreen instead of actual buttons, and integrates better into the car with the piano black finish.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:32 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Good looking HU, thanks for the review