Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio Set up question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
350zJDMnismo27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Audio Set up question

So im looking at setting my system up. I mainly listen to heavy metal\Death metal and or rock with very fast bass and guitars etc. I want to get a nice sounding system. My current set up is

1 Boston 10" G3 Sub with Zenclosure
set of Alpine R Type Speakers no tweeters.
1 500watt Alpine amp for sub
1 400 watt 4 channel amp for speakers
Pioneer AVHP2300DVD

Wondering If its worth running rear speakers alot of people say no let me know I want something that sounds good right now its ok
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
gvulakh

I don't run rear speakers and I have a similar set up. They're pretty much blocked by the seats. I would put the money towards a nice set of components for the front. For better sound quality look into custom kick panels and/or a-pillar mounting your tweeters(down by the dash, close to the windsheild). The tweeters sound quite harsh in the stock locations. Mine are in the stock locations and even though my head unit has time alignment, parametric eq, and crossovers(with attenuation) they are still too harsh for my tastes.

Search for 16psi brick's posts. Or go to his website. http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/

He has done many Z's and G's. His work is top notch IMO.

inb4bmcannon

Last edited by gvulakh; 08-08-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by gvulakh
I don't run rear speakers and I have a similar set up. They're pretty much blocked by the seats. I would put the money towards a nice set of components for the front. For better sound quality look into custom kick panels and/or a-pillar mounting your tweeters(down by the dash, close to the windsheild). The tweeters sound quite harsh in the stock locations. Mine are in the stock locations and even though my head unit has time alignment, parametric eq, and crossovers(with attenuation) they are still too harsh for my tastes.

Search for 16psi brick's posts. Or go to his website. http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/

He has done many Z's and G's. His work is top notch IMO.

inb4bmcannon
fawk.. ive apparently turned into davidv..
cult status ftw, its a celebration bee-yetches.
Im rick james.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Your money would be better spent on components, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have some speakers for rear fill. You've already got the 4 ch amp. Throw some components in there, and move the door speakers to the rear.

Also, I've never installed components in a Z, but the general rule is to have the tweeters at ear level.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by VividRacing
Your money would be better spent on components, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have some speakers for rear fill. You've already got the 4 ch amp. Throw some components in there, and move the door speakers to the rear.

Also, I've never installed components in a Z, but the general rule is to have the tweeters at ear level.
its really a question of path length equalization, the farther away the left and right spekers are from you, the less difference in path length to your dome. thats mhy the kick panel thing started... but it aitn gonna work real well w our shrouded door panels and kick panels...

which begs the question.. who cares?
get good stuff, put it in the stock spots, roll on down the road and be happy OP.
i know i know.. i kinda do care about hte sound alot tho too.. but...
what i do agree w is that im all about really good head...units.
and im all about really good speakers too.
Im not a sound off competitor, so yeah, i want all four speakers playin, albeit less loud in back.... i like my car to sound good, but to be fun as well...

OP, buy the absolute best speakers you can for the fronts, buy something decent for the back like some Alpine SPRs.. and maybe rock some wicked CAS pods... i sure like mine.
your sub does little to the overall impact of your music when compared to what a great set of fronts and a fantastic deck will do for you.
good luck dood.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:35 PM
gvulakh

Originally Posted by VividRacing

Check out some of brick's installs in 350Z's. He tries to install the tweeters as far from the ear as possible. Also tries to equalize their length to the ears as much as possible. I don't think their height is anywhere near as important as their path length is..........You're sittin' home bobbin' yo head to yo favorite music perched on the couch centered in between your two tower speakers.......same concept you try to accomplish in your car, it's just much harder.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

All good advice... so far... but that can change with the next posting

Every comment up to this post is very accurate.

--Spike