Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Another Audio Noob with noob Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 AM
kuyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Audio Noob with noob Questions

ok so I bought `fleebay double din touchscreen..usually i dont by off brand ive never heard of but had it in my old car and it worked till this day with no problems.

I've had JL audio before and didnt like it but to my suprise IMO pioneer subs hit a little harder than JL. So i bought 2 PIONEER 600WATT subs also bought a 760 wat Pioneer amp. I also plan to get 2 sets of 6.5 pioneer 300 watt speakers with the tweeters already installed in the speakers

Cliff notes
Bought 2 600 watt pioneer subs
1 2 channel 760 watt pioneer amp
fleebay doubledin touch screen
Plan on buying pioneer 300 watt speakers w/ tweeters

My Question:
Will my 1 amp be able to power both subs and give the subs a decent quality sound or did i mess up, cut my losses and buy a bigger amp

Also should i get another 4 channel amp to power my 4 speakes or will my 2 subs not over power my speakers?.If yes to another amp,how much wattage?

Last question, shops have been quoting me prices for my 2 10 amp sub box over $450 to build but im looking at the boxes on ebay that fit between the strut bar in te trunk/hatch. They are exactly what I wanted for a box
and they are no higher than $150 w/ shipping. How do those boxes sound compared to what i would be gettign from a shop?.

Thanks for the future advice

Last edited by kuyo; 11-23-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by kuyo
Will my 1 amp be able to power both subs and give the subs a decent quality sound or did i mess up, cut my losses and buy a bigger amp

Also should i get another 4 channel amp to power my 4 speakes or will my 2 subs not over power my speakers?.If yes to another amp,how much wattage?

How do those boxes sound compared to what i would be gettign from a shop?.

Thanks for the future advice
Will one amp push both subs? I need to know all the specs/models #s to figure out the best way to wire everything up.

Get a 4 channel for the other speakers? Most likely yes, however you could get away with a 2 channel - just amp the front speakers and let the radio power the rears since they are just for fill.

How does a box sound? The question you need to ask is: are my speakers designed to work optimally in this box? If not then a custom box (especially ported) could sound amazing. Rule of thumb: good speakers in the wrong box = crap versus good speaker in the right box = awesome. If all you need is sealed box of a certain volume (air space) then an eBay box should work just fine. Once again specs on the speaker are needed.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM
kuyo

Originally Posted by JMII
Will one amp push both subs? I need to know all the specs/models #s to figure out the best way to wire everything up.

Get a 4 channel for the other speakers? Most likely yes, however you could get away with a 2 channel - just amp the front speakers and let the radio power the rears since they are just for fill.

How does a box sound? The question you need to ask is: are my speakers designed to work optimally in this box? If not then a custom box (especially ported) could sound amazing. Rule of thumb: good speakers in the wrong box = crap versus good speaker in the right box = awesome. If all you need is sealed box of a certain volume (air space) then an eBay box should work just fine. Once again specs on the speaker are needed.
i figured i would need a 4 channel, just needed confirmation..this is the box im looking at

subs i bought specs
Pioneer TS-W252R 10-Inch Subwoofer w/ 600-Watt

Condition: New

What's in the Box: Pioneer TS-W252R 10-Inch Subwoofer

Packaging: Retail Box

Brand: Pioneer

Model: TS-W252R
# 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
# injection-molded polypropylene composite cone with urethane surround
# power range: 50-120 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
# sensitivity: 95 dB
# mounting depth: 5-3/8"

will get the specs for my amp in a few

Last edited by kuyo; 11-23-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 AM
kuyo

still looking for a decent 4 channel amp
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
uberz33

Originally Posted by kuyo
still looking for a decent 4 channel amp
there are a million options, the first place i would look would be the 4 channel varient of the 2 channel amp you already have. what model number is your current amp? did you buy speakers yet? whats your budget?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I recommend Kicker amps these days just because they come with birth sheets so you know how much juice your paying for.

The subs specs show a sealed box volume: 0.70-1.30 cubic feet and ported
ported box volume: 0.90-1.55 cu. ft... that's a pretty wide range, so I would model the sub using software to determine what was the best. I can't get the link you posted to work but keep in mind two speakers in one box means you need double the air space listed in the specs.

Since these are 4 ohms subs you can wire them as a 2 or 8 ohm load, or keep them in stereo at 4 ohms. All depends on your amp specs as to which is best.