Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Farenheit 7001 picture quality...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 12:45 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farenheit 7001 picture quality...

Hey guys, I was considering a purchase of this screen and was reasonably close to buying it. Well, I talked to this guy that runs a local audio shop (best shop in town, really high quality shop), and he gave me a real, REAL bad opinion on the Farenheit. Now, I know his shop only deals in high quality stuff, but from reading opinions on this site, I haven't heard of a picture quality issue with the Farenheit.

He said that if you sit beside the screen, you can't see it as well. Kinda like the cheap screens you see a lot, where they look like one of those ol' rear projection TVs from the side, least this is what I gathered from him. Since both of the views in your car will be beside the screen (driver & passenger), does the Farenheit appear of good picture quality or what, for DVD movies or playstation games??
Old 12-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Phatmitzu

Hummm I thought Farenheit 7001 was the best fit for our cars? anyone??
Old 12-21-2003, 09:02 PM
chazzg

the 7001 is a great fit in the Z. No Mod needed it just pops right in. but it is not a Hi-end screen. I will work fine. But does have some viewing Prob if you are not almost straight on with it. It has about a 70 degree viewing angel. If you or your Passenger has the seat all the way back it will be fine. if not you might have some Problems
Old 12-21-2003, 09:14 PM
blaze.80

Take a look at my thread. You can see a pic of it. I have to agree the screen is not the best, but it was cake to install...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=52455
Old 12-22-2003, 09:28 PM
little_rod

Interesting thoughts, wasn't aware that the Farenheit would look that way from the side. Anyone have experience with the Xenarc 700V, or any of its sisters with VGA?? How does the Xenarc 700V compare to the Farenheit, I did notice that the resolution between these two are the same, do they share the tendency for the picture to fade from the side??

As I know, the Xenarc and Farenheit are the two that fit our car the best. How does VGA for the higher models of the Xenarc help when you are not running a PC???
Old 12-24-2003, 05:14 PM
rouxeny

I have no problems seeing my screen from the driver's seat. It's worked fine from the passenger side also.

The fit is excellent, the quality of the screen is okay. I can't say it's the best in the world, but it does it's job more than adequately.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:14 AM
DPK

I agree with Rouxeny. The picture quality is fine and because of its size, the screen fits perfectly - has that "stock look". Nothing you put in the Z is going to match some elaborate home entertainment system anyway. I've had no problems with the Farenheit and to pay a lot more money for another screen that might not fit as well, may require some cutting and has a minor, if any, picture upgrade, just doesn't seem to make much sense.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Phatmitzu

I see, so if for normal use, good enough quality, good price, and good fitment, the Farenheit 7001 would be the best choice huh.

BTW, how much do they run for??
Old 12-30-2003, 05:43 PM
little_rod

Well, in doing some more research in this, I see that the xenarc screen is also supposed to fit in the nav spot rather easily cause others have used it for their PCs. The xenarc also has much better resolution than the farenheit, and it can be had for a similar price. When I do purchase a screen, it will be the xenarc, I believe. The numbers are just better for the xenarc.