Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Farenheit picture...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 08:07 PM
blaze.80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farenheit picture...

Tonight I installed my Pioneer DVH-P5000P HU and Farenheit T-7001MHR. Whoa!!! Big improvement over the stock HU.
I am having a bit of a problem with the remote and the picture. The picture looks pixelated when playing a DVD, almost like it is ghosting 1cm to the left. Is there a setting I am missing?
Also it is a pain to turn this off and on. I tried to hold the power button and the remote right in front of the display and it would not turn on. Where is the IR on the LCD? Should I drill a hole in the housing? If so where? What did you do?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:23 PM
macka

no need to drill. TO use the remote, point the remote about 2/3 of the way up on the right side. What I do is basically act like I am pointing BEHIND the right side lip. I have not had any problems using the remote (and I have not drilled any holes)

here is a VERY crude pic of what I am talking about:

-----------------------------------
| |
| Point here---> |
| |
| |
| |
-----------------------------------

as for the ghosting issue, couldn't tell ya, I am no mobil video expert (yet )

Anyway, I hope this helps with using the remote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 PM
blaze.80

Thanks for the quick response Macka. I just went down to take some pics. While down there I realized why my remote does not work. When I installed the monitor I placed the 3M foam on the front edges of the display. DUHHH... I should have thought it would block the IR port. I guess I am used to my RF setup for my home.

Take a look at the pics and tell me if you can see the pixelation (sp?) in the display.

Please ignore the finger prints.

Last edited by blaze.80; 12-06-2003 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:35 PM
SoCal350Z

not able to access pics
Old 12-05-2003, 09:39 PM
macka

sorry man, can't see the pics.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:47 AM
blaze.80

Stupid Webshots, I put them on my website. You should be able to see them now.

The 1st pic is to show you it is not the camera. I took the 2nd in macro mode to get the best res. Sorry it is so large.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 PM
peptidbond

Regarding pixelation:

DVD video, including menus, is compressed into MPEG2 format. This compression allows large amounts of video to fit on a piece of plastic. The space savings is generated by comparing two neighboring pixels and their changes overtime. If they are the same, they are recorded as one (in essence). This compression can cause some visual artifacts including visible pixels, sqaurish looking blocks, and stuttered panning shots. Normally, at home, you are not close enough to the screen to notice it. Also, a cathode tube is better at hiding it. In a car with a LCD screen, it is much more noticeable. This MAY be the cause of your issue. Best I can tell from the shot above, it is.

Nice screen by the way. Fits really nice. Where did you find it, mount it, and how much was it?
Old 12-06-2003, 06:18 PM
blaze.80

After running errands today and my wife watching Pirates of the Carribean, I think I am getting used to it. I still see the jacked up picture, but I think I might need to play with it a bit more.
I see a few people have this in their cars, do you see the same problem with yours?

peptibond: Where did you find it, mount it, and how much was it?
I found both the Farenheit T-7001MHR and the Pioneer deck on Ebay. Both are brand new. The monitor I picked up for about 300 with shipping. I believe if you search on yahoo for the model you will see it on millionbuy's website too. Not cheap, but serves it's purpose. I mounted it with the 3M sticky foam, and actually have to figure out how to remove it to get the remote to work. If you mount it this way, don't forget about the IR port for the remote.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:02 AM
peptidbond

Thanks for the info. Might I suggest using velcro next time. That way you can easily remove the screen when needed. Velcro will hold it in place just fine. Velcro does wear out over time, but only from sticking and releasing it. If you leave it in place most of the time, it will hold for a very long time.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:54 AM
rouxeny

I have the same screen. It is a little pixelated (is that a word?) I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

As for the remote, you either have to drill a hole out of the plastic housing, or you can wire a small fiber optic cable from the IR sensor to somewhere that you can point at. Seems crazy, but I did it and it works fine.

If you need any more info, do a search under "Pioneer Parts Pics" and look for the three threads I started.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:13 AM
barrybell

Your monitors Resolution is 1440x 234, the resolution of DVD is 720*480, your monitor has four viewer modes, change them to see if you like one better.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:50 PM
fresno350

anyone get the fainted slant lines (very faint) in the picture when the engine is runnnig? what could be causing this? just some electromagnetic interference?