Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

I need help on deciding if i need a equalizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
joshie3.5.0.z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ak48z
Uses Less Energy from the car battery, so your lights don't need to dim, and you can still have a lot of power!
Real 1-Ohm stability means this amp will stay cool, after pounding for days straight, with 2 dual voice coil 4 ohm subs running down to 1 ohm. Other amps may say 1 ohm stable, but this one is truly 1 ohm stable!

LOL the fact it says this in their description is dead give away to not buy into this crap.

You should be fine on your stock electrical but I'm sure that amp is not efficient at all.. and that is why your lights are dimming.

I would recommend to sell your current amp and get a decent proven one. There are all kinds so do your research... Also look up a tutorial on how to set the "GAINS" on an amp correctly.

As an example I have 1000w RMS on my stock electrical and my lights barely dim on full tilt.
so i should have no problem with it draining my battery? how do i figure out how many ohms im running my amp at? i also have a 4 ch. 600w(labeled on the amp dont really know rms on it) pioneer amp connected to my speakers, and im using a sony deck, should i be fine on my stock battery and electrical, and one more question while driving i notice my battery gauge drops to 14 volts n it starts off a little over the 14 line is thats normal? thanks for all the help by the way:]
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Ak48z

Didn't know you had another amp, then you are really really pushing your stock electrical. I would suggest to rethink your audio plans if you want to keep from having issues down the road.

Lets just say you can run 1000 RMS safely on stock electrical... that is TOTAL between how ever many amps you have running.

You have 800 on one amp + whatever your pioneer is (you can check the model and look up online how much RMS it puts out).

Your battery gauge sounds normal, obviously the higher it stays the better, but if you are keeping around 14v the whole time you are in ok shape.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
joshie3.5.0.z

Originally Posted by Ak48z
Didn't know you had another amp, then you are really really pushing your stock electrical. I would suggest to rethink your audio plans if you want to keep from having issues down the road.

Lets just say you can run 1000 RMS safely on stock electrical... that is TOTAL between how ever many amps you have running.

You have 800 on one amp + whatever your pioneer is (you can check the model and look up online how much RMS it puts out).

Your battery gauge sounds normal, obviously the higher it stays the better, but if you are keeping around 14v the whole time you are in ok shape.
this is my amp info,, the amp is connect to 4 speakers

CEA2006 Specifications:

• 60 Watts x 4, at 4 ohms <= 1% THD+N
• 150 Watts x 2, at 4 ohms BRIDGE <= 1% THD+N
• 80 dBA Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Reference: 1 Watt Output)

The 4-channel GM-6100F delivers a whopping 600 watts max (60 watts x 4 or 150 watts x 2 at 4 ohms; 75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms) — plenty of juice to power your high-quality speakers. It’s also got built-in 4-channel crossovers. Speaker level inputs for easy connection to an OEM headunit. Oversized power terminals. And a wide input level of 200mV to 6.5V.

Higher Power
Having more power isn’t just about LOUD. It’s also about CLEAN, getting the most out of your speakers and your music. Constant road noise makes it hard for the music to be heard clearly. But with 600 watts max. power, you’ll get to hear all the words and all the notes.

4-Channel Crossovers
For getting the music just the way you like it, 4-channel crossovers are tough to beat. You can route the low frequency signals (80Hz or lower, -12dB/octave) to the speakers that handle them best, and filter out the higher-frequency signals. This optimizes your system’s efficiency and delivers the best possible sound quality.