Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pyle PLDN73I double din help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012 | 01:42 PM
Suzukiman600

Default Pyle PLDN73I double din help.

So I bought this and bought the scosche dash kit for the 03-05 350z. To make sure everything worked I plugged in the unit and wiring harness and everything worked great. It puts out more watts than the stock system so it sounds a lot better. That's a plus. The Scosche in dash kit however was too small so I got out the dremel and went to work. Made the hole just big enough for the thing to fit through and put everything back together. Well the door would no longer open. So I looked at it and decided that the door didn't have any room below it to swing out. So I took everything back apart and cut the bottom piece off the dash kit so there would be enough room. Just to ensure that the door still game down I plugged everything back in before I put it back in the dash kit and indeed it worked fine. So I put everything back together once again and the door still wont come down. What the heck do I need to do to get this thing to work without making my dash look like a complete POS. There is a tiny amount of space on the two sides, the top is touching and the bottom has about a 1/4 inch of clearance. Has anyone else installed this and can help? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2012 | 02:06 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

sure i can help.. Pyle has been building total crap for 20 years becuase there continues to be a market for those who wish to purchase 200 dollar decks that appear to have the same features as the 800 dollar ones..... throw it away and start over. Sorry man.

Last edited by bmccann101; 05-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2012 | 06:25 PM
R350Zz33

return that pyle of ****
Old 05-20-2012 | 01:01 PM
Nismo Ninja

I had somewhat the same problem. What remedied it was a metra double din dash kit and widening the holes on the metal brackets. The metra kit will seem a bit large when you test fit it, but when it is fully installed it fits snug. Also make sure all of your wiring is tucked away enough so that there is no extra pressure pushing on the door.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-21-2012 | 01:47 AM
Suzukiman600

Originally Posted by Nismo Ninja
I had somewhat the same problem. What remedied it was a metra double din dash kit and widening the holes on the metal brackets. The metra kit will seem a bit large when you test fit it, but when it is fully installed it fits snug. Also make sure all of your wiring is tucked away enough so that there is no extra pressure pushing on the door.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I have the metra kit on it's way and will give it a go later this week. Did you have to take the dremel to the metra kit or did it fit correctly out of the box?
Old 05-21-2012 | 04:22 AM
TURBOROADSTER

Originally Posted by Suzukiman600
So I bought this and bought the scosche dash kit for the 03-05 350z. To make sure everything worked I plugged in the unit and wiring harness and everything worked great. It puts out more watts than the stock system so it sounds a lot better. That's a plus. The Scosche in dash kit however was too small so I got out the dremel and went to work. Made the hole just big enough for the thing to fit through and put everything back together. Well the door would no longer open. So I looked at it and decided that the door didn't have any room below it to swing out. So I took everything back apart and cut the bottom piece off the dash kit so there would be enough room. Just to ensure that the door still game down I plugged everything back in before I put it back in the dash kit and indeed it worked fine. So I put everything back together once again and the door still wont come down. What the heck do I need to do to get this thing to work without making my dash look like a complete POS. There is a tiny amount of space on the two sides, the top is touching and the bottom has about a 1/4 inch of clearance. Has anyone else installed this and can help? Thanks in advance.
If memory serves , I had to trim the top of Scosche kits to get the Pioneer DD's to close properly . Not sure why you just didn't trim the top and bottom , instead of cutting the entire bottom section off .
Old 05-21-2012 | 07:51 AM
Nismo Ninja

Originally Posted by Suzukiman600
Thanks, I have the metra kit on it's way and will give it a go later this week. Did you have to take the dremel to the metra kit or did it fit correctly out of the box?
It'll come with both a DD and Single din trim. You will only need the DD trim and it will have this stupid plastic piece going across the middle of it. Use a razor blade or a nail clipper to cut them off. You could use your dremel to clean it up a little, but I don't think you'll need to.

As I have mentioned before, when you test fit, you're going to think, "Wtf?!" but when installed it will fit snug. Scroll down to section "B" of this tutorial for more reference:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...monitor-5.html
Old 05-22-2012 | 03:41 AM
TURBOROADSTER

Originally Posted by bmccann101
sure i can help.. Pyle has been building total crap for 20 years becuase there continues to be a market for those who wish to purchase 200 dollar decks that appear to have the same features as the 800 dollar ones..... throw it away and start over. Sorry man.
You would think someone with your post count would actually contribute to a thread . I see threads all the time by Newbs that make me say WOW . If I don't have anything positive to contribute , I usually just move on . We all know the subpar quality of , Pyle , Boss ,etc , but maybe this person can't afford Alpine or Pioneer( Also no where near as good as the Japan made stuff) . I would try to help fix his dash kit fitting problems rather than bash his deck and tell him to start over . I know newbs are very frustrating , but it seems the older forum members should at least try and help them , rather than have sarcastic remarks every post .
Old 05-22-2012 | 06:53 AM
bigcloud

OP I have a Pyle pldn76db and I had this SAME problem. It turned out that the stock mounting brackets squeezed the front of the unit just enough so that the screen didn't come down.
Old 05-23-2012 | 08:46 AM
Suzukiman600

Originally Posted by TURBOROADSTER
You would think someone with your post count would actually contribute to a thread . I see threads all the time by Newbs that make me say WOW . If I don't have anything positive to contribute , I usually just move on . We all know the subpar quality of , Pyle , Boss ,etc , but maybe this person can't afford Alpine or Pioneer( Also no where near as good as the Japan made stuff) . I would try to help fix his dash kit fitting problems rather than bash his deck and tell him to start over . I know newbs are very frustrating , but it seems the older forum members should at least try and help them , rather than have sarcastic remarks every post .
Thank you turbo. I DON'T have the kind of money it takes to get those much more expensive systems right now. So that is why I purchased this one. The reviews were ok on amazon so I thought I would give it a try. I am new to the whole 350z scene and was just seeking some help to try and fix the issue.
Old 05-23-2012 | 08:48 AM
Suzukiman600

Originally Posted by bigcloud
OP I have a Pyle pldn76db and I had this SAME problem. It turned out that the stock mounting brackets squeezed the front of the unit just enough so that the screen didn't come down.
Yeah I originally bought the Scosche one as I said and all it comes with is the face plate. I bought the metra one and it has the spacers in it so I think that this one will work much better. I like the system over all. It sounds better than the bose head unit did.