Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Location of Stock Bluetooth Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
karltheninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of Stock Bluetooth Module

I just bought my 2008 350z in December 2012 and the factory installed bluetooth hands free connectivity was working fine. Within the last month or so it my iPhone won't pair with the car via bluetooth because the car doesn't even come up on the list of pairable devices on the phone. I have verified my phone can still pair with other bluetooth devices which leads me to want to investigate the bluetooth module in my 350z. I've done some extensive searching with Google and haven't found much other than some conflicting information (e.g. it's a module that plugs into the back of the stereo, or it's a module that's near the amplifier) but I haven't been able to locate it yet at all. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
-Karl
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

From my understanding it's built into the headunit. I can't find a separate module on Alldata or Courtesy Nissan.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_751_773.html
Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 AM
karltheninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up pulling the entire stereo looking for the unit and never found it. But when I put everything back together again my bluetooth was working again. I also found a sticker that says my stereo was remanufactured so its probably intermittently defective. Luckily I'm looking to replace it here with an aftermarket stereo here soon so that will hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for the help!