Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

gopro hero4 adhesive mounts (3m)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:26 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I opted for the staircase bar, which I found to be much stronger, look better than other material (aluminum, steel, pvc, etc), and even cost less. The pics show the hardware I used to make it work with the GoPro. I also have the ball joint camera mount for actual cameras that isn't pictured.

With the wingnuts, no tools are required whatsoever. The reason I used a thumbscrew (3rd pic) is that after everything is tightened down, it allows for very minor adjustments (left/right) to perfectly center the GoPro without requiring the use of tools or extra arms.

Also, I don't know if the distance between the headrest legs are supposed to be universal, but I also drilled out enough laterally to give myself room for adjustment (narrower/wider) for other cars.

..from the below thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...ml#post9902810
Old 12-23-2014, 11:57 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicee, that's better than I was assuming. Appreciate the link too, check it out, lot of good stuff there.

Btw, how'd you get into autox? Like were you in scca or similar, how'd you start off?

I've been very interested in starting for the past few months now.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:18 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

One of my buddies, JasonZ-Ya, got me started a while back. It wasn't a year or two later that I got more serious about it and started going to more events. Prior to getting into autox, I just drag raced but that was about it. Now I also incorporate track events when I can and also ice events (location permitting).
Old 12-25-2014, 03:11 PM
FOOKhonda

That's pretty cool, I was actually just reading over his drift thread earlier, seems like drift and autox have pretty similar setups for suspension, so am just learning the differences and what works for what etc, I want to do a couple drags just to see my 1/4 mile times etc, mostly just curious, but anyone can drive in a straight line (maybe not the fastest) but not everyone can do things like autox. If I could find some actual track days that are closer to the price of autox id be more willing to do that, but for the time being I feel autox will be a better learning experience with learning (in depth) the basics of car control etc, and I feel like getting on a track after autox for a couple years I'd be wayy more prepared and have a lot more seat time, and I think I would have a lot more fun. However there is a track down here in starke fl, that's fairly cheap to rent for a day, it only allows 5-6 people I can't remember which for sure atm, but it'd be about ~200$ each for a full day at the track with friends or someone local that'd want to have a fun day at the track. but this wouldn't teach me anything about driving, rather than just pushing myself to see how good or bad I am as it stands.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:26 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Suspension set ups are vastly different for different motorsports; there's no one-size-fits-all.

Drag racing's all about the launch. Shifting's the easy part.

I think autox will teach you more/quicker about car control whereas tracks will help you focus more on racing lines. I recommend you try them all out and see what aspects of each sport you like best. They're all fun in their own way.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:51 PM
FOOKhonda

True, but I feel that autox is the place to start in my mind what's the sense in being able to stay on the correct line if you can't control the car, if you have no control how'd you expect to stay on line and go round the track as fast as possible.

But I will definitely end up doing some runs on a track eventually, but I don't have money for a driving school so autox will be my best option for learning as much as I can.

Plus I've been wanting to get into autox for quite sometime now. It was something I was looking into when I had my lancer es, sure its not that fast, but it was a decent car and I was working on my suspension setup until I came around a corner at night in the rain to find a pine tree laid across the road...

Fact is its time for me to stop wanting and start doing. So I'm trying to pick the minds of experienced autoxers and figure out exactly what I need to do to start off, and at this point I think Ihhave a good idea of where to start.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
RobinHood5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the suction cup mount and it works great. Never tried it on a car, but I attached it to the bottom of the wing of a Cessna Private Aircraft and it stayed on fine.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:30 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by RobinHood5
I have the suction cup mount and it works great. Never tried it on a car, but I attached it to the bottom of the wing of a Cessna Private Aircraft and it stayed on fine.
Holy crap, that's a lot of force to hold on against! It's obvious its quite versatile though lol.