Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New install questions

Old 04-22-2016, 11:24 AM
jlb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New install questions

Hey all. I really hate posting, because I don't want to seem like a moron. But Im not finding my answer, even tho I know its in here somewhere. So, I installed a new headunit. Kenwood DDX373bt. I havent really played with it much yet, but the main issues I have are that I can hear the engine through the radio, and the fm reception is garbage. Bad ground, right??? That's what im thinking anyway. Unless im overlooking something.

Also, I bought a Sundown SD-3 10D4 and had a custom box built. I powered it with PPI i350.2. A 350w amp. For some reason, I have to turn the gain and all adjustments all the way up, for it to slam. Doesnt sound right, right??

Any help appreciated. I will be working on this likely tomorrow. Thanks guys.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:00 PM
rawgarage

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just pull up on an audio installer... takes him 20 mins max...
Old 04-22-2016, 02:56 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Sounds like a bad ground, or maybe a ground loop - at least that's the engine noise. As for the FM, did you hook up the wire that provides power to the car's antenna amplifier? I don't recall which one it is, but you can use the amp turn-on lead from the headunit to provide power to it.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:23 AM
jlb

Originally Posted by dcains
Sounds like a bad ground, or maybe a ground loop - at least that's the engine noise. As for the FM, did you hook up the wire that provides power to the car's antenna amplifier? I don't recall which one it is, but you can use the amp turn-on lead from the headunit to provide power to it.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea.

Great thanks. I will check into all that today. I will keep messing with the settings and whatnot for the amp and receiver, I'm sure it just needs to be tuned properly. Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Did you remove all the bose equipment and make a bon fire with it? If you are still using any of the bose equipment your going to run into issues like you seem to be...
Old 04-23-2016, 04:28 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

As said above you need to power up the antenna. Connect it to your amp turn on wire so it turns on and off with your amp. Your after market wire harness instructions should tell you which wire.
For the whine from your engine check grounds first and don't run audio wires close to power wires. If all fail install ground loop isolator
Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM
jlb

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Did you remove all the bose equipment and make a bon fire with it? If you are still using any of the bose equipment your going to run into issues like you seem to be...
Pretty much, haha. Not using any Bose stuff now.

Originally Posted by beezee
As said above you need to power up the antenna. Connect it to your amp turn on wire so it turns on and off with your amp. Your after market wire harness instructions should tell you which wire.
For the whine from your engine check grounds first and don't run audio wires close to power wires. If all fail install ground loop isolator

Yea, i'll have to do that. Didn't have time to check that this weekend. Been too busy with my honey do list. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Appreciated.

-Jared