Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Wind noise after replacing front speakers + tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Wind noise after replacing front speakers + tweeters

Hello again everyone its been a long time. Hope everything is doing well. I need some help. I finally replaced my 10-year-old coaxial speakers with components yesterday. First of all, it was a huge difference in sound and if you're looking for front speakers go for components for sure.

After doing a road test I found out there is now a wind noise that starts at 65mph on both passenger and driver side window/door.

After doing some more tests I found that the issue seems to be the sail panel (aka tweeter pod panel). For when the wind noise starts and I press my hand on the panel and the noise goes away. After looking at it even closer I noticed there is a gap between the sail panel and the seal on the door. It's not noticeable until I put the door panel on so I tried reinstalling the door panel and seeing if I can get a flush fit, however, every time after I put the door panel back on the gap remains.

I've ordered new door clips and a set of these for both doors. Before I go down this rabbit hole I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone has resolved it:
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...33_p_15845.php
Old 05-01-2017, 10:29 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you break any of the ball-like mounts or the pointed tip? . If not then they should stay put. Make sure the pointed tip slides into the tiny rubber pocket and push in to secure the mounts
Old 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM
HOMiEZ

Hi beezee thanks for the response. i only see two pointed tips and those are definitely intact. the pointed tip is under the tiny rubber pocket, however, the pocket is cracked and has a couple of holes in it.

The panel attaches and looks fine when its only by itself, only when the door panel is bolted on that there is a little opening.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:12 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Is the new tweeter thicker than the old one causing a clearance issue? Thats about the only thing I can think of. I went with 2 way ghetto speakers do my tweeter pod is empty.
The following users liked this post:
HOMiEZ (05-01-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 07:45 AM
HOMiEZ

My issue has now been resolved. I did a combination of things:
1. Install all new clips for both doors.
2. Install new sail panel seal as mentioned here:
3. Reset window motor position
4. When setting the door panel on the window rails I started near the outer edge of the door instead of starting at the sail panel. That may I made sure the outside got most of the weight during installation and that sail panel side would just clip into place.