Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Mouse nest?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 AM
DirtFool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mouse nest?

I searched the forum and came up empty, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has encountered this.

I installed a new stereo in my car this weekend. When I removed the lower section of the center console (the part that holds the climate controls), I found a random pile of foam insulation stuffed in the void directly under the climate control computer. It seriously looked like a mouse nest. Is this normal or did someone or something put it there? I don't know if Nissan stuffed it to prevent rattling or if a previous owner may have done it. Or maybe I have a rat problem that I didn't know about. Either way, I removed it when I pulled the console.

I'm also happy to finally have an aux jack in my car.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's normal. I changed out my climate control bezel last week and discovered the same thing.
The following users liked this post:
DirtFool (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 12:01 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Sorry to say, but if it's a nest, you'll have droppings all over. If it's just foam insulation, it's likely man made.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:19 PM
DirtFool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the clarification. Just seemed so odd and out of place that I wasn't sure if it was like that from the factory. The things you find in previously owned cars never ceases to amaze.

Search this Thread