Metra Axxess ASWC-1 issues - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Metra Axxess ASWC-1 issues

Old 12-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Dangerousintj

Default Metra Axxess ASWC-1 issues

So I started to try and install the ASWC-1 to my car this weekend, and have had no luck whatsoever in trying to hook it up. I can get the bloody thing to turn on, but it's not recognizing the wires. Can someone help with a picture of how they got it to work? I am fed up and about to take the thing to Cartoys or Frys and tell them to make it work :P
Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 PM
DarkCreep

Originally Posted by Dangerousintj View Post
So I started to try and install the ASWC-1 to my car this weekend, and have had no luck whatsoever in trying to hook it up. I can get the bloody thing to turn on, but it's not recognizing the wires. Can someone help with a picture of how they got it to work? I am fed up and about to take the thing to Cartoys or Frys and tell them to make it work :P
I got the same question!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:14 PM
Dangerousintj

Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
I got the same question!
Hey man, found this on a separate website, I still can't seem to get the AWSC to work, but this may help you out.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-issues-4.html

Good luck! I'm thinking I have a bad unit, gonna try another one before I get mad and make a pro finish the job up.... or get redneck and tape my stereo remote over my steering wheel controls. Ghetto styling is in right?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:53 AM
zakmartin
orange moodring

I ripped apart half my harness trying to get that piece of crapola to work and it never did. Metra = junk as far as I'm concerned. I've had nothing but problems with the stuff I bought from that company for both my Eclipse and my Z. The Metra ASWC-1 I bought for the Z is sitting in a junk drawer, next to the face plate of a stereo that died 10 years ago. You're better off just reaching the extra 8 inches to control the stereo from off the steering wheel.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:21 AM
blufc3s

I just installed this with my new head unit JVC KW430BT and it works ok. My factory unit was a Bose non NAV. I made 3 connections to the factory M39 connector. Gray of the connector to chassis ground. W/G of the Aswc to the O (orange) lead of M39 and the gray/ red lead of Aswc to r/g of m39. The red lead goes to acc bat and black to ground.
If you go to the accessinterfaces.com with info about your particular Z you should be able to find info about your setup.
I did have to reboot the aswc unit by pressing the reset button on the Aswc for 3 seconds, then holding up the “volume up” on the steering wheel for 20 seconds. This has to be done immediately after turning on the key.
If you bought your stuff from Crutchfield their support staff are very helpful.
I must say it was the most frustrating part of putting the system in which included Bluetooth bypass, head unit itself and the Aswc-1.
Good luck!

Last edited by blufc3s; 02-11-2018 at 11:26 AM.