Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:32 AM
ncoastmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am in cleveland. i didn't know that about the transmitter
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM
ZISBAK

So what if I just want the OEM window mod, and without the door lock feature on the Z? would that still be $60? and are you still doing a lot of beta testing?

Originally posted by KPierson

The VDC memory switch is $39.99. A very long time ago, in a G35 forum the price was estimated to be around $40. This was before KPtechnologies was started and our costs rose dramatically. I realized that at $40 a piece there wasn't enough profit to justify all the time I spent ordering, building, testing, shipping and all the other stuff involved. I was also planning on buidling only about 30 of them as a service to board members. Since the interest has grown considerably the price increase was needed.

The OEM window module is $59.99 and it has a built in feature to automatically lock the doors on the Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. However, it can NOT unlock them, so in the Z most people will not utilize this feature. Also, the OEM window mod RAISES the windows, the OEM alarm can lower them from the factory.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
Old 07-19-2004, 12:07 PM
KPierson
Banned

There is only 1 window module availible, and it comes with the programable auto locking feature. The actual hardware is identacal and nothing had to be added to make the door locking work, so there is no price differnece if you don't use it.

We have been done beta testing for about 3 months now. We have numerous modules out now and have yet to have a single return. Our failure rate (knock on wood) is 0% (although we did have a few slight issues with the first batch that went out, they still all worked).

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Originally posted by ZISBAK
So what if I just want the OEM window mod, and without the door lock feature on the Z? would that still be $60? and are you still doing a lot of beta testing?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:24 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only 1 window module availible, and it comes with the programable auto locking feature. The actual hardware is identacal and nothing had to be added to make the door locking work, so there is no price differnece if you don't use it.

We have been done beta testing for about 3 months now. We have numerous modules out now and have yet to have a single return. Our failure rate (knock on wood) is 0% (although we did have a few slight issues with the first batch that went out, they still all worked).

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
I am a paying beta tester for this product. I LOVE IT. I use mine daily without issues. I would buy it again if I had not already!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:37 PM
KPierson
Banned

Sweet! Adams still alive! Where you been hiding at and how have you been doing? Did the new module fix all your issues?

Kevin

Originally posted by VandyZ
I am a paying beta tester for this product. I LOVE IT. I use mine daily without issues. I would buy it again if I had not already!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:12 PM
sal1

Default Window module

Kevin, I received my module yesterday, QUICK SHIP !! I will install it here in a few minutes. Package, module, instructions, very professional. I will let you know how it went.

Sal
Brickyard 03
Old 07-21-2004, 05:25 AM
VandyZ

Sweet! Adams still alive! Where you been hiding at and how have you been doing? Did the new module fix all your issues?

Kevin
I have been staying busy . . .I dont often visist the A/V/Security forum. I noticed your thread again and thought I would chime in as I still love the module. Doug keeps asking about the VDC / TCS unit. Any news on that?

How is the ATI treating you?

The new module works very well. No more issues, windows go up every time and no locking issues.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
KPierson
Banned

The taction control memory module has been availible for some time now. How many should I send? Actually, we just lowered the price on them to $39.99 from $49.99. We haven't been selling too many of them (maybe due to our complete lack of advertising them).

I love the ATI. I'm getting my AEM A/F guage this week I hope so I will feel better about it then. I also stilll need to have my ECU reflashed once more, then I'll be set to run low 12s!

Kevin
Old 07-21-2004, 10:04 AM
VandyZ

The taction control memory module has been availible for some time now. How many should I send? Actually, we just lowered the price on them to $39.99 from $49.99. We haven't been selling too many of them (maybe due to our complete lack of advertising them).

I love the ATI. I'm getting my AEM A/F guage this week I hope so I will feel better about it then. I also stilll need to have my ECU reflashed once more, then I'll be set to run low 12s!

Kevin
2 Please! (PM me for $ details)

Let me know how the A/F turns out.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
sal1

Default Module

Kevin, here is my experience with the installation of the module. The instructions need some work. The D7 connector has TWO white wires and TWO sky blue wires, so if you don't have a wiring diagram or a voltmeter, you have a 50/50 chance of selecting the correct wire. For those that will install the module in the future, select the fatest of both wires. The Lock Actuator (purple wire) is indeed behind the speaker. At least on my 03 the speaker can not be removed by removing the grill. The door panel must be removed!

Also I COUL NOT program the auto lock feature no matter what I did.

Everything else worked like advertised. Sal
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-350z-023.jpg  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:12 AM
sal1

Here is another picture showing the speaker grill removed. As shown, it is impossible to get to the bottom speaker screw.
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-350z-018.jpg  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:15 AM
sal1

This picture shows the wire bundle behind the speaker. It is a small bundle with four wires. Spread it open to get to the wires
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-350z-020.jpg  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:17 AM
sal1

The last picture shows the blue wire going behind the speaker to attach to the purple wire.
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-350z-022.jpg  
Old 07-22-2004, 06:39 AM
KPierson
Banned

Sal,

Our first step in the instructions are to completely remove the door panel. Since the module works for multiple cars we just put the G35 coupe installation instructions in the install manual, just to show the generic steps. It would be way too confusing to make install manuals for every car and then send them out to the right people. 2nd, in the very top of our install manual we state that this module should only be installed by qualified people, because we know that there are multiple wires of the same color. You NEED a volt meter to install this product. Installing this module without testing wires can have disaterous results, and I have the proof at home.

To enable auto-locking keep the drivers door open. Turn the ignion key to 'on,' but don't start the car. Within six seconds hit the 'lock' button. You then have one second to hit the 'lock' button again and then another second to hit it once more. For best results wait just under a second before pushing the button. Only push it three times total. The strange thing is is some cars only require two total pulses, and I haven't been able to figure out why (the auto lock feature is really low on my priority list since it doesn't really work right anyway considering it doesn't unlock). Next, turn the ignition off, and with the door still open turn the ignition back on.

If the auto window feature is working then you HAVE to have 4 of 5 wires hooked up correctly. If you still can't get the auto-lock feature to work check to make sure the yellow wire of our module is getting 12volts when the ignition is on. This yellow wire is basically ONLY for programming the auto-lock, and it helps keep the overall module programming straight.

Thanks for your feedback,
Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec

Originally posted by sal1
The last picture shows the blue wire going behind the speaker to attach to the purple wire.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:35 PM
sal1

Kevin, here is the latest!! I double checked my wiring and the yellow wire was only getting 12VDC with only the ignition on. SO that ment my wiring was correct. I tried again doing the locking thing (3 times) to no avail.

Then I tried it my way. It occured to me that maybe the door lock MUST be in the LOCK position BEFORE doing the locking thing.
Guess what?? IT WORKED!!

To program the module you MUST start with the door locks on.

Kevin, thanks for your patience, everything worked as advertised, I hope this has been of help to someone else.

Good luck in your business venture.

Sal
Old 07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
KPierson
Banned

Sal,

The module has no 'idea' what state the doors locks are in at any time, I think you just got lucky. The timing of the module can be difficult at first, becuase you have to wait about .5 seconds between pulses. It's good to hear you finally got it working, I think that has been our biggest complaint - either turning the auto-lock on or turning it off. As I stated before since the system doesn't work the way I want it to I never really polished it the way I should have. Anyways, our speed controlled auto-locking module will probably be built after the sunroof module is done, so we will be able to fix the auto locking problem once and for all!

Kevin

Originally posted by sal1
Kevin, here is the latest!! I double checked my wiring and the yellow wire was only getting 12VDC with only the ignition on. SO that ment my wiring was correct. I tried again doing the locking thing (3 times) to no avail.

Then I tried it my way. It occured to me that maybe the door lock MUST be in the LOCK position BEFORE doing the locking thing.
Guess what?? IT WORKED!!

To program the module you MUST start with the door locks on.

Kevin, thanks for your patience, everything worked as advertised, I hope this has been of help to someone else.

Good luck in your business venture.

Sal
Old 07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Kevin

I want to put in my vote for a locking unit next. I not sure if the speed sensitive one is what I'm looking for. I want something that will lock when then car is started and unlock when it is turned off and/or the key removed.

What is your plan or idea WRT a locking module?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:18 PM
KPierson
Banned

The planned module is still in the details phase right now. But, basically it will lock the doors at a preset speed and unlock them when you stop the car. Or, we might make it all time based, I'm not sure. The speed controlled version would be much harder to install so I'll have to do a bunch of research first.

Kevin

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
Kevin

I want to put in my vote for a locking unit next. I not sure if the speed sensitive one is what I'm looking for. I want something that will lock when then car is started and unlock when it is turned off and/or the key removed.

What is your plan or idea WRT a locking module?
Old 07-23-2004, 04:17 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Personally, I dislike the ones that lock at a certain speed. I like the ones that lock a few seconds after you start the car (as your Windows module does). This seems to be most common in factory systems. Naturally, you'll want to adopt some of the safeguards that the factory one uses, like no autolocking if a door is open. Finally, you want to unlock one second after the ignition is turned off.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:47 AM
dbsinc

Default Excuse the stupid question.

Excuse my ignorance but I only need to buy and install only one module kto roll up both windows, or do I need two of them for both windows.

I just ordered one and want to make sure.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote