Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:26 PM
2002 Maxima SE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update for Maxima owner:

Will the module still do (windows up/windows down) for two or all four?

Will the module still include auto-lock?

Will you be able to pick and choose the options you want?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Blayzed

I am interested as well,
PM me with details whenever you go public
Old 05-31-2004, 11:35 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BUMP-Very Anxious
Old 05-31-2004, 04:12 PM
SpottyJ

Originally posted by XBS
BUMP-Very Anxious
The product is released, but I don't recall the website address. More to follow.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:24 PM
issac

http://www.kptechnologies.net/
Old 05-31-2004, 05:19 PM
silverstoneTT

I guess he forgot to post here about it's availability. I just put my order through and can't wait to get the product to install it.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

I didn't forget, I was just waiting until our inventory was high enough to support the level of interest generated by this forum. Also, we wanted to 'reward' the individuals who checked our site regularly.

Technically, our site 'launched' last Monday. By the end of the day the G35driver crowd had bought almost every module we had built (The G35driver forum is where this project originated from). As of right now we have around 5 window modules remaining. Our next shipment of boards won't ship from the factory until June 9th, so there might be a slight delay if in ordering.

However, we still have 9 VDC memory modules. This mod will remember the state of the VDC system when you shut the car off and the next time you start the car will make sure the VDC system is returned to that state. After this mod is installed you will be able to shut VDC off until YOU turn it back on.

Thanks guys,

Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.net

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
I guess he forgot to post here about it's availability. I just put my order through and can't wait to get the product to install it.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:20 PM
KPierson
Banned

Oh yeah, this is off topic quite a bit, but I meant to tell you Z boys that I left my G35 coupe with Doug from Crawford Z yesterday. Over the next two weeks they will be installing Crawford headers, plenum, and high flow cats, JWT clutch and flywheel, and my Procharger supercharger. All of this will be topped off with a TS reflash and six new Power Enterprise 380cc injectors.

To pass the time for the next two weeks I plan on finishing up the sunroof module we have been working on. All of the code is done I just have to build the hardware and start testing. If all goes well the sunroof module should be released in about 8-10 weeks. The sunroof module will be able to close the sunroof (from either vented or open position) and will be able to either vent or open the sunroof (user programable as to which one it does)

Kevin
Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM
silverstoneTT

damn those g35driver people....errrrrr...and here i was checking my mail for updates to this thread....

So if I paid today and what not will I get one of those 9? More waits will stink
Old 05-31-2004, 07:55 PM
KPierson
Banned

We are shipping them out in the order that they are paid. So, if you paid today and we have module availible (as we do right now) then your module will ship either tomorrow or Wednesday. Its only the people who order units after we sell these that will have to wait a little longer.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 06-02-2004, 01:56 PM
uklooney

Originally posted by KPierson
and adding a 'memory' to the VDC control.
Can you give my electric seats a memory
Old 06-05-2004, 05:54 AM
blackmumba

i got my mod in and the directions are poor i hooked it up according to there wire guide and my doors locked within a sec of turing my key over and when i roll my windows down with the remote they automaticlly roll right back up without me doing anything so i just took it out and gave up
Old 06-05-2004, 06:03 AM
KPierson
Banned

You're the first person to have any problems. PM me and I'll send you my contact info so we can get it working.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Originally posted by blackmumba
i got my mod in and the directions are poor i hooked it up according to there wire guide and my doors locked within a sec of turing my key over and when i roll my windows down with the remote they automaticlly roll right back up without me doing anything so i just took it out and gave up
Old 06-05-2004, 07:14 AM
silverstoneTT

Eeek, I hope I dont have any problems. I should get mine in by today and will install to see if I have any probs.

On a related note, anyone have a link to directions on taking the door panel off?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:22 AM
KPierson
Banned

You shouldn't have any problems, no one else has. I'm not exactly sure how to take the door panel off, but I know it comes off very easily. I installed one of these modules in a Z a few months back and the owner of the Z had the door panel off in less then five minutes! If I remember right there are 2-3 screws and the rest is held on by plastic clips.

On the 04s we got feedback that our wire guide may be wrong for the RAP wire, but we havn't been able to verify it. I am still waiting on the guy who reported the problem to get back to me and tell me what he found. Keep in mind, that all wires should be verified before hooking ANYTHING to them. Also, in our instructions it explains EXACTLY how the wire should act and what it should do and how to properly test for it. Installation and troubleshooting help can be obtained by emailing us through our website.

Kevin

Eeek, I hope I dont have any problems. I should get mine in by today and will install to see if I have any probs.

On a related note, anyone have a link to directions on taking the door panel off?
Old 06-06-2004, 11:01 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by KPierson

On the 04s we got feedback that our wire guide may be wrong for the RAP wire, but we havn't been able to verify it.
OneCoolee has reported that the '03 RAP wire is not pink either. He told me that the correct wire is a Carolina blue wire. Can someone else double verify this color?

Kevin
Old 06-06-2004, 01:13 PM
silverstoneTT

When you did the test installs the color was pink?
How can some 03s have a pink cable and others have a blue one?

Well in any case if someone could have this figured out by tonight it would be great because I should be getting mine tom.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:44 PM
KPierson
Banned

The very first beta test I did (besides my car) was the StopGo's Z. it was a long time ago and to be honest I don't really remember the wire colors. It looks like I most likely just got the info wrong in the wire guide. I'm looking through my stuff right now to see if I can find where I mixed it up! According to OneCoolee and the ESM the wire is SB - Sky Blue. Keep in mind, you should verify all wires before hooking up to them. You can buy a cheap multimeter for less then $20 at Radio shack or some place like that. Silverstone, I was really hoping you would have gotten yorus by now, it should be any day!

Kevin

When you did the test installs the color was pink?
How can some 03s have a pink cable and others have a blue one?

Well in any case if someone could have this figured out by tonight it would be great because I should be getting mine tom.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:51 PM
silverstoneTT

Yea, mail is a bit slow. Should be tom. About the multimeter, im electrically stupid and too poor to buy it.

... I think i'll just wait till someone else does this or can confirm what colors the appropriate cables are.

Cant wait to get it in though, should be cool
Old 06-06-2004, 02:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

Here are a few options:

1. Install the module but DO NOT hook up the yellow wire. It is only used for auto door locking. You won't need it for the windows. I think this is why so many people have put the module in Zs without a problem, cuz not many Z owners will want to use the autolocking.

2. Install the module but DO NOT hook up the yellow wire right away. Put the car back together after it is all tested and take your car to a local stereo shop. You can 'pop' off the switch finisher in the door (where the ignition wire is located) and pay them $5-10 to measure all the pink and sky blue wires until they find it.

3. Find a friend to help! Anyone who has successfully installed a head unit should be able to put in this module.

4. If you live in a nice climate you can buy me a plane ticket and I'll personally come help for free!

Seriously though, if you can find a multimeter from a friend or whatever I should be able to talk you through the testing, just PM me and let me know. I usually work till around 5 but then I sit around in my hotel room in Baltimore with nothing to do all night!

Kevin

Yea, mail is a bit slow. Should be tom. About the multimeter, im electrically stupid and too poor to buy it.

... I think i'll just wait till someone else does this or can confirm what colors the appropriate cables are.

Cant wait to get it in though, should be cool

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote