Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:18 PM
S2L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mudger
Show us how you bypassed the parking brake feature! did u just tap the parking brake wire to the blue (ant) wire?
you definitely dont want to do that. The parking brake wire is expecting an ground while the blue antenna wire is giving off a positive. positive into a wire that might be grounded inside the unit = might fry something crucial.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Perth 350z

I'm in the middle of installing mine at the moment (no where near as sweet a set up as yours mind you). In relation to the fitment/metra kit did you purchase this separatly? Mine just comes with a square one which dosen't fit overly nicely.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
alpine

Originally posted by Perth 350z
I'm in the middle of installing mine at the moment (no where near as sweet a set up as yours mind you). In relation to the fitment/metra kit did you purchase this separatly? Mine just comes with a square one which dosen't fit overly nicely.
Actually the one you see in the pics at this time is the one that ships with it, you just need to file it down here and there and you also need to drill in your own installation points on the side of trim to get a cleaner install point.

thanks for the props! I'm loving the install.

I'm still working on this install acutally, I'l have some news in the next week or so about that as well.

thanks again,

Joe
Old 10-30-2004, 05:19 AM
alpine

bump
Old 11-05-2004, 06:41 PM
solja

bump
Old 12-02-2004, 12:31 AM
3fiddy_04

bump

im installing this into a G at the moment and was wonderin wats a good spot for a ground (for the parking brake)? tia
Old 12-02-2004, 04:02 AM
eTraxx

In the photo showing the glove/sub compartments the rear speaker grilles are ... gone. I have seen mentioned that they (the grilles can't be removed. Did the installer cut out the grilles or am I wrong re: removing them?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:12 AM
alpine

Originally posted by 3fiddy_04
im installing this into a G at the moment and was wonderin wats a good spot for a ground (for the parking brake)? tia
Which gound are you referring to?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:14 AM
alpine

Originally posted by eTraxx
In the photo showing the glove/sub compartments the rear speaker grilles are ... gone. I have seen mentioned that they (the grilles can't be removed. Did the installer cut out the grilles or am I wrong re: removing them?
I'll have to revisit those pix and then try to remember how we got there. I'm guessing they come off with the cover intact, and most likely are removable from behind.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:51 AM
3fiddy_04

^^ the ground for the parking brake...the green wire?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You haven't said if you've found a camera yet so I thought I'd suggest looking at two of my favorite web sites for them.

www.supercircuits.com
www.scdlink.com

Both these guys sell the smallest cameras in the world plus all sorts of other color and black and white cameras. I've done plenty of business with SuperCircuits and only stumbled upon Security Cameras Direct recently but they too have a huge selection.

I love the work on the head end and the custom subwoofer/amplifer work back aft.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 AM
alpine

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
You haven't said if you've found a camera yet so I thought I'd suggest looking at two of my favorite web sites for them.

www.supercircuits.com
www.scdlink.com

Both these guys sell the smallest cameras in the world plus all sorts of other color and black and white cameras. I've done plenty of business with SuperCircuits and only stumbled upon Security Cameras Direct recently but they too have a huge selection.

I love the work on the head end and the custom subwoofer/amplifer work back aft.
I'll check those links out, thanks for the info, I am stilling looking into this, I've played with a couple.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:19 PM
mdmike

I love this unit. I just got done installing mine. I am still waiting on my Daimond Audio D661s componet speakers for my fronts. I did however install Boston Accoustics NX67 in the rear and install the X541 Kenwood 4 channel amp in the stock BOSE speaker location to power the Daimonds when I get them and the SUBS when I am done with the box.

I am currently making a custom sub box the will sandwich in between the strut bar. I am going to fire the 2 10inch subs at the floor instead of out toward the rear of the car. I think it will give me a deeper/cleaner sound.

I ran a set of RCA to the rear storage compartment for Video in to the DDX-7015. Future plans for a XBOX or Playstation. Or I might setup a mini/nano PC with a TV card and NAV software. I have seen a few people that have hooked up BACKUP CAMS. There are a lot of different options out there.

3FIDDY just connect the green wire/BRAKE to the black stereo ground.
Attached Thumbnails Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started-dsc00008-small-.jpg   Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started-dsc000016-small-.jpg   Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started-dsc00001-small-.jpg   Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started-dsc000013-small-.jpg  

Last edited by mdmike; 04-03-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot to ask - where's the satellite antenna (GPS)? They normally need a clear view of the sky so I was thinking running the thing up between the center gauges and put the antenna on the dash.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:12 PM
alpine

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
I forgot to ask - where's the satellite antenna (GPS)? They normally need a clear view of the sky so I was thinking running the thing up between the center gauges and put the antenna on the dash.
I have mine dead center up on the dash.

I didn't get a chance to see how well it would work stealthed like my Sirius Satelite Antenna.

On my next work around I'll check that out and see how that goes.

I am going to be installing the Audio Control Unit after all.

I had heard a few things previously about that had caused me to delay it, but apparently they are no longer a problem.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
kitkos

Back on the Parking Brake item...

I am installing my unit now and like others had realized we can just ground the green wire and the video works. I am seeing here that this is only so for 40 hours and we need to build a RELAY. S2L even posted a diagram.
The diagram does not show what happens to the Antenna Power wire from the new RELAY and from what I have seen in other installs of this unit this wire is required in order to amplify the antenna signal.

Where do you get this RELAY (Radio Shack?) and what do I ask for?
Do all RELAYS come with the 5 slots you show in the diagram?
Where do you go with the antenna wire after the RELAY?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:34 AM
mdmike

I am not sure that the 40 hours is an issue with the DDX-7015. I think it's only for the unit that have a flip out display. I haven't had mine long to tell if I will have the issue or not.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:27 PM
alpine

Default Hey All....

It's been a while since I have any free time for this, and I keep getting various compliments on my equipment choices, and setup, and of course the installer, Mobile Connection in San Fernando.

Thank you for the compliments, input, and suggestions, it's been a sweet ride and setup.

I just wanted to pop in here, say what's up, and if anyone has any new input/ideas as far as what's out there...

thanks again!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
alpine

Question Some pics of the car....

Old 11-13-2005, 07:25 PM
G352NV

What size relay? Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD (Double Din) & System Started