Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Car Audio and Good Tinter in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 03:28 AM
ZintheKeys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Audio and Good Tinter in Miami

Anyone have any recommendations in the Miami area for good Car Audio and also a Good Tinter.

Thanks
Jesse
Old 04-01-2004, 03:41 AM
westpak
SFZCC

If you get little response here you can try over here http://www.sfzcc.com/forum/index.php
Old 04-01-2004, 03:45 AM
ZintheKeys

Thanks, the Z arrives in less then 4 hours, i cant wait
Old 04-02-2004, 12:31 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i'm not sure how far north or south you are in Miami, but if you're up north the guy that did my tints and a few of my friends does an awesome job for a good price.

His place is called Steve's Window Tints i believe (he is Steve, duh). I can't find the card i had with the number but I'll check with a friend tomorrow who might have it or you can check with 411 or yahoo yellow pages or something.

As far as car audio, I've never had work done anywhere but I heard that the Cartronics located on US1 (and can't remember the cross street, something in the 100's or right around there - damn im useless tonight) does good work. I was there to get cables one time and saw two Z's waiting to be worked on.

Rajiv
Old 04-02-2004, 03:07 PM
ZintheKeys

I am actually coming up from Marathon in the Keys. Appreciate the feedback. Going to try your sugestion on the audio shop, see what i can do about an alarm system

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 04-03-2004, 01:36 PM
ZintheKeys

I went up and checked out Cartronics today, they recommended a Clifford system. I have to say the welcome wasn't so warm there. I tried talking to the guy behind the counter and let him know that i am interested in other installs in the future and such and he didn't seem to care either way. I dont mind spending the money on the alarm system or the future stereo system, but it is hard to hand over the money to folks that dont seem to even want to talk to you let alone sell you something.

going to try and keep looking for some other dealers, if anyone has any recommendations in south florida it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 04-03-2004, 02:54 PM
hndumafia

You can try Miami Sound Design. Located on the corner of US1 and Le Jeune in a strip mall on the west side of US1.

My father is friends with the store owners brother and I have met both of them. They are both nice guys.

They sell nice equipment there, and if you get your audio install done over summer I might even be working there .

Rajiv
Old 04-03-2004, 03:20 PM
ZintheKeys

Thanks i appreciate the advice, felt like i was being taken advantage of today at cartonics. I am going to call them on monday and see what i can do on pricing.

Thanks Rajiv

Jesse
Old 04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
JJH

JR Electronics on Bird Road does excellent work, and the people are very friendly. The owner, Jorge, or his mom are always there. Jorge is a heavy set guy. Here is the address... 9568 Southwest 40th Street, Miami, FL 33165
(305) 226-6866

My brother had a Clifford installed there and they did a great job, and show attention to detail. Two of my best friends have had TV's installed there along with other custom installs and they have all come out without problems with clean installs. Stay away from Senor Stereo, atleast the one on Bird road. They could care less that you are standing there waiting.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:40 PM
350zbiturbo

i started up a car club and i went to this guy on sunset and 107 ave called perfection its a little place, but the guy is really cool and he has good prices, if you go tell him that you were told by chris from Unmeasurable to go there, he does good work and the owner doesnt try to rip you off he likes to keep his customers, jr is an alright place but ive dealt with them b4 but i would only go there to buy stuff not install it seen to many bad instances. senior stereo is not bad on bird road, but to be truly honest just go to 107ave and sunset itll be where their is a dairy place in the parking lot, the guy is cool and he'll give you a 4 year warranty on the tint if anything happens, hes very str8 up just tell him chris from unmeasurable said to go, and the tints are good quality for good price good luck
Old 04-09-2004, 06:51 PM
hndumafia

hey 350zbiturbo....is my assumption that you've got turbos on your Z correct???

Rajiv
Old 04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
ss350

That place on sunet and 107th is crap! A few months ago i went back with my old 3000 gt, because the tints were turning purple. I brought my receipt and everything. They guy told me there was nothing they would do b/c the warranty didn't cover this. They would only fix it if the tints were bubbled.

Also, when i got my car back after they ifirst put the tints on, the interior was wet and they left the car dirty as Shyt!

W/e those are my experiences, I will not be going back.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:47 PM
350zbiturbo

the guy seemed really cool with us, the place i got tints on my car though that alot of people get them at is definately senior stereo on bd and like 97th ave, and i have turbos on the way
Old 04-09-2004, 08:03 PM
hndumafia

350zbiturbo-
Just saw your other post on going from the wrx to the Z. Congratulations! Even though your wrx was a sweet looking car the Z is awesome. Driving my friends stock WRX is nothing like driving my stock Z (though i guess in stock forms the Z has a good advantage).

Also, I think I have seen your car before. Did you do the auto-x at the grey hound track that was last month or so? My friend (wrx guy) and I showed up to check out some of the runs and if i remember correctly i think i saw your car there.

Rajiv
Old 04-09-2004, 10:32 PM
350zbiturbo

no my car hasnt been working for a month now b/c of the tranny i used to auto x and race at sebring and moroso alot but car just cant handle it it was a beautiful car, but im sure if im getting complements from people with z's i cant wait to get the z and start that with a little patience and money lol ill be having a pretty nice Z
Old 04-28-2004, 11:13 AM
medik13

The best place in Miami for tints is Solar tinting, I think thats what its called, Its across the street from Tamiami airport 137 Ave and ~130 St. They do the computer cut tint. It comes out flawlessly and does not have jagged cuts. I have done two cars there and I wouldn't go elsehere. I have also done 3 cars at perfection on 107th and Sunsety and they can't even compare to Solar. The guy who manages it is also a super nice guy. He shakes your hand as soon as he sees you! Unheard of for Miami!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:08 PM
rog

Stay away from EVALAUDIO...they put a dent on my hatch when they tinted my windows....EVALAUDIO is on NW 25th by the Miami airport.

Roger